cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Desktop Mail Inbox shuts down immediately after opening

'Hoo Recruit

Desktop Mail Inbox shuts down immediately after opening

As soon as I open my desktop mail inbox (yahoo is my default inbox) it immediately suts down. Tried rebooting etc, no luck. Any ideas what is happening? Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Desktop Mail Inbox shuts down immediately after opening

Greetings @suzyhudson

Are you trying to do this from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?  What browser or app are you using to do this?  What version of Yahoo mail are you using? Are you using a stored link or bookmark to access the Yahoo website or are you going directly to the Yahoo.com website by entering the website address directly into your browser?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

Hi there, tahnsk for teh quick response. Will try and answer as best i can

Trying from a laptop, using microsoft browser i think with and tried to access from an icon on my opening taskbar, and from other areas to get in. I think it is the basic yahoo mail version.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@suzyhudson

Take a look at the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

I have reset the Microsoft mail app and it’s worked...for now! Thank you for all your help
Official 'Hoo Staff

@suzyhudson

Sounds good, keep us posted if anything else comes up.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare