cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Deleted All E-mails - Not able to get Yahoo to recover them

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Deleted All E-mails - Not able to get Yahoo to recover them

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help.   I have requested email restore for several days and it is coming up on day 7.   Many of my old emails where erased (not Yahoo's fault) as I was trying to backup my yahoo mail.    

I have 2 tickets open:  ***Phone Number Removed - Learn more.***ong>   and ***Phone Number Removed - Learn more.***p;   

Do I need to be signed off for the emails to be restored.   I have been requesting a restore since day 2 of the problem.   I do not want to keep opening tickets.   Please help!!!!!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Deleted All E-mails - Not able to get Yahoo to recover them

Please be advised that our restore process is completely automated, and we can only restore messages lost or deleted within the last 7 days. Any messages that can be restored will re-appear in your mailbox or trash folder within 8 hours. If you’re not seeing all the messages you expect after 8 hours, it’s because they were no longer recoverable.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
11 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@ciero01

Have you checked in the Trash folder for the restored emails?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

Thank you for your note....  I did and there was nothing there.     

Official 'Hoo Staff

Please be advised that our restore process is completely automated, and we can only restore messages lost or deleted within the last 7 days. Any messages that can be restored will re-appear in your mailbox or trash folder within 8 hours. If you’re not seeing all the messages you expect after 8 hours, it’s because they were no longer recoverable.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

Thank you very much.    Your reply is very thoughtful  I was in the process of backing up my email and made a POP3 connection.  It ended up deleting the messages that were being moved over.   I did not realize it.    I did not let that backup finish and cancelled it.

Then I started the back up again, and it over wrote my original PST.     So the 2nd time I went to backup, and I did not know the old emails where deleted.  To make it worse, some of these emails are due to be turned in as part of lawsuit.   (Typical chain of events for me!)

The one question I have is, do I have to be signed out of email for the restore to occur?

Mail All-star

c, i don't work for Yahoo but i don't think you have to be logged out to get the emails restored.

Pro 'Hoo

Hi JimJam,

I have submitted a 4 requests since the day after it happened.   My last email is 10/25/08.     It is now 7 days and after this and I was told I can only do the restore via "court order".    I need some of the mails past this date to fulfill a legal request.   (That is why I have been so diligent trying to recover").    There are 2 ticktets open: Two-Seven-Zero-One-One-Six-Four-Eight and Two-Seven-Zero-Four-One-Six-Seven-Two.    (here is the weird thing, if I do a search for an email with a later date, some come up, but some do not)   My guess is the data is still there so I am not sure what has to happen but if you can help it would save me a ton of headaches.   I am also trying the mail fix tool.  Thanks - Bob

Pro 'Hoo

Hi JimJam,

I have submitted a 4 requests since the day after it happened.   My last email is 10/25/08.     It is now 7 days and after this and I was told I can only do the restore via "court order".    I need some of the mails past this date to fulfill a legal request.   (That is why I have been so diligent trying to recover").    There are 2 ticktets open.    (here is the weird thing, if I do a search for an email with a later date, some come up, but some do not)   My guess is the data is still there so I am not sure what has to happen but if you can help it would save me a ton of headaches.   I am also trying the mail fix tool.  Thanks - Bob

Official 'Hoo Staff

@ciero01

If you click on the emails that show up in the search results do they load? At this point, it sounds like we've restored everything we could

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

Hi Scootermobile,

Thank you for your reply.   Trust me, I appreciate your efforts (I sincerely do and it was my mistake).  

So if I sign an affidavit, that says the data is not recoverable, will yahoo legal agree to that.   Because that is the position I am in.    Please let me know.    Also where can I find information about the Yahoo legal, because that is the next thing I have to do.   I just have to make sure that if the emails are gone, they are gone and no longer recoverable.    Please let me know who to contact because this is what I am seeing on the web.   *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*

Thanks