cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Can't delete just one message in a thread

Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Can't delete just one message in a thread

I have a thread, and when I hit delete, all messages are gone.  But I used to be able to tap the three dots under each message in the thread, and choose to delete just that message.  But this is now deleting the entire thread each time.

Anyone else seeing this?   Able to replicate?  Suggestions?

6 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Can't delete just one message in a thread

@mwexler

If you disable conversations, does that fix this?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

Well, yes, disabling conversations splits the thread into individual messages.  Then each one can be deleted on it's own.

But that's not the point.  The point is that up until a few weeks ago, the three dots menu allowed one to delete individual messages within the thread.  Now it's broken, at least for me, and even though it says "Archive" and "Delete Message", it is still deleting the entire thread.

So, anyone else able to replicate? 

'Hoo Recruit

Bumping up.  This continues to happen.  I can't be the only person experiencing this... or does no one else use the "group by conversation" mode?   It's really handy, but the inability to remove repeated messages, and massive requoted messages that don't need to be saved, is becoming really frustrating.

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@mwexler

This appears to be working as designed. You can submit feedback regarding this feature by going here.

'Hoo Recruit

Again, clearly not working as designed.  It was designed to allow you delete the one message from the thread, while not deleting the actual conversation.  And, in fact, until recently, that's exactly what it did.  But a recent update to Y!Mail has broken it's functionality.  I have no feedback to offer other than "it used to work, now it's broken".

So, can we file a bug, and if it comes back as "as designed", I'll gladly just admit you were right as I move over to another mail system.   But if we file a bug and it gets fixed, then we've made things better for all users.

Let's file the bug.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@mwexler

I'll get this up to our engineering team for you.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare