cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Blocking Spam

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Blocking Spam

I have set my filters so that any Spam messages are filtered into the Spam Folder.  When I go into the Spam Folder I click on more so that I can then Click on Block Spam and Yes to Block future emails from that sender as well as to delete the current email.  However, it doesn't work. The Spam emails are not Blocked nor deleted.  It just keeps accumulating.

Why does Yahoo Mail have this option to block and delete Spam Emails if it is not going to work?  How can I make it work?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Blocking Spam

@stylish_grandma

I got feedback on your case. Apparently, you have one or more invalid email addresses on your blocked addresses list and that's triggering the problem.

Make sure all your entries respect the configuration username@domain.com (for unique addresses) or domain.com (to block an entire domain)

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

Official 'Hoo Staff

@slpurser01

You can just mark them as Not Spam when in your Spam folder.

@spamFiltersSUCK

Spam filters take precedence over any other filter or setting on the account. This means that if an email is deemed to be Spam, it will go there first without being affected by any other filter, blocked address, etc. It's virtually impossible to block all spam addresses and creates a false sense of control when doing so. If junk emails are going to the Spam folder, then all is well. If not, then mark them as Spam.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Official 'Hoo Staff

@spamFiltersSUCK

Spam filters take precedence over any other filter or setting on the account. This means that if an email is deemed to be Spam, it will go there first without being affected by any other filter, blocked address, etc.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
18 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Hello @stylish_grandma

Filters generally are not helpful when it comes to spam email, they are more helpful for junk mail.

For help with spam, please see this help link.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
Official 'Hoo Staff

@stylish_grandma

Check your Blocked email address list. You might be receiving spam from different recipients, although they may look similar. I'd recommend blocking not only those specific email addresses but also the entire domains.

Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!

'Hoo Recruit

What I want to know is why while I am in the Spam Folder and click on the options to Block and Delete, that it does not Block or Delete.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@stylish_grandma

I was now able to replicate the problem. I'm following up with engineering and they will investigate.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@stylish_grandma

I got feedback on your case. Apparently, you have one or more invalid email addresses on your blocked addresses list and that's triggering the problem.

Make sure all your entries respect the configuration username@domain.com (for unique addresses) or domain.com (to block an entire domain)

New 'Hoo

I am receiving spam which I don't want to receive, and when they sent me spam they don't provide option to unsubscribe. Please advise if there another way to stop this spam. Thanks.
Moderatin' 'Hoo

@YacineAbelkrim

You can check out this link to learn how to block addresses that are sending spam to your mailbox.

your reply does not work, do you even try your solutions or are you a spammer too

@stylish_grandma wrote:

I have set my filters so that any Spam messages are filtered into the Spam Folder.  When I go into the Spam Folder I click on more so that I can then Click on Block Spam and Yes to Block future emails from that sender as well as to delete the current email.  However, it doesn't work. The Spam emails are not Blocked nor deleted.  It just keeps accumulating.

Why does Yahoo Mail have this option to block and delete Spam Emails if it is not going to work?  How can I make it work?

New 'Hoo

Anyone know how to un-spam something?  Suddenly half my emails are going to spam.  I need them.