cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Auto Forward New Mail

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Auto Forward New Mail

Please help! I have new mail and I'm trying for the life of me to auto-forward. There is NO ACCOUNTS link to select.

I'm about to toss my laptop out the window. Please help!

Yahoo is not making this easy...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Auto Forward New Mail

@diabloxrider

This might work.

Go to http://contacts.yahoo.com

Click on the email icon and you should be in classic.

Capture.PNG

Set the forwarding and save. Gear > settings > accounts > primary email.

Refresh the page and you should return to New.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
Mail Pro All-star

@schiff wrote:

it doesnt give me that option.  In classic mail, settings, accounts, it doesnt give me the option to select primary or my other yahoo account

@schiff

You should be able to click on the account and another page opens. This is the bottom of the new page.

Capture.PNG

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
5 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

@diabloxrider

Currently you must use Classic mail.

Click on "return to classic" at the bottom of the gear menu. To return to new you must pick the option at the bottom of the left column.

New 'Hoo

I've tried to swtich to classic mode in 3 different browsers and it will not even let me do that... I'm stuck..

Mail Pro All-star

@diabloxrider

This might work.

Go to http://contacts.yahoo.com

Click on the email icon and you should be in classic.

Capture.PNG

Set the forwarding and save. Gear > settings > accounts > primary email.

Refresh the page and you should return to New.

New 'Hoo

it doesnt give me that option.  In classic mail, settings, accounts, it doesnt give me the option to select primary or my other yahoo account

Mail Pro All-star

@schiff wrote:

@schiff

You should be able to click on the account and another page opens. This is the bottom of the new page.

Capture.PNG