cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Almost my whole inbox is now in spam folder

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Almost my whole inbox is now in spam folder

Even emails that I read everyday are landing in spam, and many of them are already read and still going in there.  Normally I don't even look at the spam folder, because it's spam.  But when I stopped seeing emails I receive on an almost daily basis, that's where I found them.  Plus the "not spam" option was not showing under "actions".  How do I keep so many different emails out of the spam folder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Almost my whole inbox is now in spam folder

@Charnie

Check out our Tips and Tricks post on why email goes to Spam and what you can do about it.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
6 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Charnie

Yahoo Mail Version.JPG

Are you viewing these emails from a laptop.desktop, phone, or tablet?  What browser or email app are you using?  What version of Yahoo mail are you using?  When did you first notice this had happened?  If you are viewing your emails from a laptop or desktop and you are seeing missing buttons or buttons that don't work you should try these browser troubleshooting tips?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Charnie

Check out our Tips and Tricks post on why email goes to Spam and what you can do about it.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

In this case, it was the classic desktop version in IEv11.  BTW, my error, the "mark as spam" isn't in the actions dropdown, it was next to it.  But we all know from previous posts about spam, that it doesn't do much.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Charnie

Make sure you are using a supported browserInternet Explorer is no longer a supported browser.  Using an unsupported browser with Yahoo may provide unpredictable results.

I find I get the best Yahoo experience using Firefox with the uBlock Origin ad blocker installed.

Pro 'Hoo

The IEv11 is what I have to use at work, no choice about that because I work on a web app that is only IE compatible.  But the contents of the spam folder itself is true whether I'm on mobile, desktop or whatever.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Charnie

So are you saying that you are using a web app that's under development to access your Yahoo account?  Do you access your Yahoo account from your mobile?  If so what kind of mobile are you using and what email app are you using?  Do you sign into your Yahoo account using a mobile browser?  If you are saying that all your new emails are going to spam that could be the result of a filter or it could be the result of sync errors with your mobile device.