cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

2 accounts with same yahoo email address

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

2 accounts with same yahoo email address

Can someone explain to me how is possible that 2 persons are using same email addess on yahoo account? I have situation that my yahoo acoount another person using to log in to her Fb account? So, I started to receive notifications from Her Fb On My yahoo email and by searching that names of that people I found the person who is behind that Fb account?! Lady said that she is using SAME email address for her Fb 4 or 5 years, and I am using that email address just for work. Tell me what we should do now? I am receiving her notifications and she is not able to use email address to log in to yahoo account (just for Fb)?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: 2 accounts with same yahoo email address

@Miljana

So here's a possibility:

Facebook logins aren't tied to the email address, meaning that the email address can be non-functional but you can still use it as a username to log into Facebook. Yahoo accounts go inactive after a year of non-use and, up until recently, the usernames would get recycled back into the system. What could have happened is this person used their Yahoo account to sign up for Facebook, never accessed the mailbox afterwards and it was deleted. You registered the account with the same name. This other person updated their notification settings recently and you start getting notifications sent to your mailbox.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
7 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Miljana

It's very possible that someone put the wrong email address on their account so that you're getting their FB notifications now. No two Yahoo account usernames can exist at the same time. Are you signed into the account in question?

'Hoo Recruit

Yeah, that was also what I thought, that someone by mistake put my email address. But I've checked with that person and she said that she never chnaged her email on Fb account from the 1st time when she created Fb account. So, I really do not understand how that happened. 2 weeks ago I received email that someone tried to log in to Fb with my emal and I put "Thats not me" option. But after that I started to recieve notifications from Fb from that person. How we can solve that one? So, she is using that email address just for Fb, my Fb is on another account (gmail). So, she have that email for Fb and I have for work. Little bit confusing right? I aksed that person that she tried to log in to her yahoo email, and she said is not possible because she need to put account key. I have account key, because I am using that email.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Miljana

If you were using the same account, you would see each other's emails. When did you create your account? When was the last time she logged into her Yahoo account?

'Hoo Recruit

I've created my yahoo account 2 or 3 years ago and I am using it almost every day. And that person not, I don't know if she ever used that account except for putting in Fb account. I told you, she barrely knew it what is her email address, and her son was convinsing me that she is using same email address last 4 years for her Fb.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Miljana

So here's a possibility:

Facebook logins aren't tied to the email address, meaning that the email address can be non-functional but you can still use it as a username to log into Facebook. Yahoo accounts go inactive after a year of non-use and, up until recently, the usernames would get recycled back into the system. What could have happened is this person used their Yahoo account to sign up for Facebook, never accessed the mailbox afterwards and it was deleted. You registered the account with the same name. This other person updated their notification settings recently and you start getting notifications sent to your mailbox.

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks a lot, that sounds really logical and helpful.
New 'Hoo

I have the Same Problem, another person is using my email address for his facebook account. and he is also using the email address for personal use. I tried to leave a message at his messenger. But he is not responding. Now my problem is that every time i Log in to my yahoo account, it says wrong password. I already change it the last time I log in. but now it's been change again. so I decided to go to forgot password and change it again and add the two step feature to log in. I think the problem is when he tries to log in to the same email add. He will have the same message that is worng password. So he will try to change it again. So when it's my turn to log in, I will get wrong password again. Can somebody pls help me on this. Co'z I cannot just change my email add. It is registered at The Philippine National Police Camp Crame. Firearms and Explosive office. Please Please Help me with this problem. Thanks!