cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

keeper league help

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

keeper league help

How do trades for picks work? I'm in a 16 player keeper league and the team is ***bleep***. Members are asking me what i want for thebfew quality playwrs i have and wondering how exactly the picks work of traded.
Thanks
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: keeper league help

@Batmankiller

You should probably talk with your commish about this.
Highlighted
Sports All-star

Any trade that involves draft picks has to have the same number of picks included from each team.

So for example, if someone offers you their first round pick for Player A, you also have to send them back a draft pick. Otherwise teams could have 25 picks in a league with only rosters of 20.

So basically, if you were to do this trade, you should send back an extremely low (possibly even last round) pick. That would balance it out.

The reason to talk to your commissioner is to make sure that none of the draft picks traded are Keeper picks. For example, if your keepers take up the first 5 rounds, no one should be able to trade any of those picks. That would essentially make the 6th round pick the "first round pick" in a trade scenario.

3 REPLIES
Sports Pro All-star

@Batmankiller

You should probably talk with your commish about this.
New 'Hoo

Already have. He doesn't know. Thats why I'm asking on here
Highlighted
Sports All-star

Any trade that involves draft picks has to have the same number of picks included from each team.

So for example, if someone offers you their first round pick for Player A, you also have to send them back a draft pick. Otherwise teams could have 25 picks in a league with only rosters of 20.

So basically, if you were to do this trade, you should send back an extremely low (possibly even last round) pick. That would balance it out.

The reason to talk to your commissioner is to make sure that none of the draft picks traded are Keeper picks. For example, if your keepers take up the first 5 rounds, no one should be able to trade any of those picks. That would essentially make the 6th round pick the "first round pick" in a trade scenario.