cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Week 12 Fantasy Hockey - Only 4 Days Long?

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

Week 12 Fantasy Hockey - Only 4 Days Long?

Is next week's schedule for H2H matchups only 4 days long with no games on the NHL schedule from Dec 24th to Dec 26th?  

Typcially, this H2H matchup would span over 2 weeks when this happens (like first week of season) but I don't see any indication of that on the schedule.  

Can anyone confirm?  This drastically affects leagues like ours with a minimum number of goalie starts.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sports All-star

Re: Week 12 Fantasy Hockey - Only 4 Days Long?

Yes, you are correct. It is a 7 day matchup, but there are only games on 4 of those days. In addition to that, Friday only has 3 games and Sunday only has 1 game.

I believe the minimum goalie appearances has been waived over the Christmas matchup week in the past (which is usually not extended like the first week, even though it typically only has games on 5 days).

This is definitely a short week, it's not being extended. I'm not 100% sure if goalie appearances will be waived or not though.

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Sports All-star

Yes, you are correct. It is a 7 day matchup, but there are only games on 4 of those days. In addition to that, Friday only has 3 games and Sunday only has 1 game.

I believe the minimum goalie appearances has been waived over the Christmas matchup week in the past (which is usually not extended like the first week, even though it typically only has games on 5 days).

This is definitely a short week, it's not being extended. I'm not 100% sure if goalie appearances will be waived or not though.

Pro 'Hoo

Anyone know how i can extend week 12 as commissioner?

Sports Pro All-star

@dew777

This can't be done by the commish or Yahoo.

Pro 'Hoo

no gigs - thanks for the heads up

Contributin' 'Hoo

I just started wondering the same thing when seeing there were no games again today.  This seems to have always been when Yahoo would combine weeks.  Yet I see no Notes on anything.  Maybe it's just all they care about is making $ off daily stuff or whatever now.

Seems a bit odd to have nothing said about it.  No way will goalie minimums be met.