cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Trading draft picks in a keeper league

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Trading draft picks in a keeper league

Hey guys,

I have a league where we keep 4 players from a 17 player roster.  When I select the option to "trade draft picks" it brings up a draft round selection in the trade menu up to 17 rounds.  Since we are keeping 4 players, there should only be 13 rounds.  Is there a setting that I need to change so that the teams can trade only from round 1-13? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Trading draft picks in a keeper league

@FussyPuckers

Keepers are nothing more than reserved draft picks, so no, the number of rounds will not change.  They will match the size of your roster.

But....

Those draft picks can be in the first 4 rounds, or the last 4 rounds or any round you want.  

As an example, if someone is keeping Benn and Seguin, you can set it up where Benn is the round 2 pick and Sequin is the round 4 pick.

That is because many leagues control the round a keeper can be kept in.  Such as, if a player you are keeping was drafted in round 4, then they count as your round 4 pick next year, or even bump up a round to round 3.  

You as a commish and a league need to decide how you are going to handle draft pick trades.  Are you going to put keepers in the first 4 rounds?  If so, then round 5 is your "round 1" in your league since keepers will be in the first 4 rounds.  Same with last rounds.  You can  set keepers up to be the final 4 rounds, which I recommend btw.

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Sports Pro All-star

@FussyPuckers

Keepers are nothing more than reserved draft picks, so no, the number of rounds will not change.  They will match the size of your roster.

But....

Those draft picks can be in the first 4 rounds, or the last 4 rounds or any round you want.  

As an example, if someone is keeping Benn and Seguin, you can set it up where Benn is the round 2 pick and Sequin is the round 4 pick.

That is because many leagues control the round a keeper can be kept in.  Such as, if a player you are keeping was drafted in round 4, then they count as your round 4 pick next year, or even bump up a round to round 3.  

You as a commish and a league need to decide how you are going to handle draft pick trades.  Are you going to put keepers in the first 4 rounds?  If so, then round 5 is your "round 1" in your league since keepers will be in the first 4 rounds.  Same with last rounds.  You can  set keepers up to be the final 4 rounds, which I recommend btw.

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks a lot Steve,

Really appreciate your help.  It's not easy info to find on the settings page, so thanks for clearing it up.