cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Sign up to give us feedback through surveys and/or product test sessions to improve the brands you love!

Maxed out games played

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Maxed out games played

How is it possible to get positions maxed out in the number of games played. In Roto public 84523 & has a game limit of 81 games so that allows the forward positions at 162 games & defensmen at 324. With playing 2 of the forward positions and 4 of the defensmen each game, how can you max out the number of games played. If that player is multi positional & playing a winger position & not center then is that also going against the center position as being played too.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports All-star

Re: Maxed out games played

No, it would not be going against both positions.

If you've made add/drops throughout the year, you could've had players start more often than if you just used the lineup you drafted.

For example, if you have 3 C's... you would max out sooner if you're always playing all of them when they play.

Sports All-star

That is where your confusion is, as I just explained. You are allowed to start 2 of each forward position each night, but if you do that, you will max out those positions before the end of the season.

There are 186 days in this NHL season. If you were to play 2 centers every day, that would equal 372 center starts over the course of the whole year, which is far more than the 162 you are allowed. That's the simple math of it.

The double position thing has absolutely nothing to do with it. Again, it seems like you're thinking of each individual day as it's own "game."

I'm honestly not sure if there's another way to explain this more clearly. But you absolutely can, and have, maxed out positions.

Sports All-star

Looking at your roster, you have Malkin, Johansen, and Trocheck that are all only center eligible, for example. You cannot play every one of them, every night, and not exceed 162 starts.

Let's use those three players as an example.

If you had all three of them on your roster from the start of the season, and played each one every time they had a game, that would put you at 179 center starts, as of today. That is taking each player's schedule, and totalling the number of possible starts you could've had in each given night, meaning that when all 3 play, you still could only have started 2.

7 REPLIES
Sports All-star

No, it would not be going against both positions.

If you've made add/drops throughout the year, you could've had players start more often than if you just used the lineup you drafted.

For example, if you have 3 C's... you would max out sooner if you're always playing all of them when they play.

'Hoo Recruit

Only thing is you can only start 2 centers per game so there should be no way possible to max out the number of games that the centers have played. I could see that if you could start more than the 2 positions. So still confused as to why they are maxed out.

Sports All-star

You seem to be confused on how the starts work.

Every time you put a center in your lineup, each day that he plays counts against that number.

So every center has 82 games in an NHL season. If you have 4 centers on your team, that equals 328 GP. It seems like maybe you're confusing the difference "2 centers per game" with "2 centers per day."

There are 186 days in this NHL season. If you were to play 2 centers every day, that would equal 372 center starts.

If you play every center, every day, you will hit the max of 162 in your league well before the end of the season.

'Hoo Recruit

I don't see where the confusion in how the starts work. In the league that I am asking about I can't start more than 2 of any forward position, 2 goalies or 4 defensemen at a time. I can't start 3 centers at the center postion. I have players that can start in more than one position that may play center one nite & a winger the next game but that shouldn't max out a position. That's where it's not making sense. I should never max out a position

Sports All-star

That is where your confusion is, as I just explained. You are allowed to start 2 of each forward position each night, but if you do that, you will max out those positions before the end of the season.

There are 186 days in this NHL season. If you were to play 2 centers every day, that would equal 372 center starts over the course of the whole year, which is far more than the 162 you are allowed. That's the simple math of it.

The double position thing has absolutely nothing to do with it. Again, it seems like you're thinking of each individual day as it's own "game."

I'm honestly not sure if there's another way to explain this more clearly. But you absolutely can, and have, maxed out positions.

Sports All-star

Looking at your roster, you have Malkin, Johansen, and Trocheck that are all only center eligible, for example. You cannot play every one of them, every night, and not exceed 162 starts.

Let's use those three players as an example.

If you had all three of them on your roster from the start of the season, and played each one every time they had a game, that would put you at 179 center starts, as of today. That is taking each player's schedule, and totalling the number of possible starts you could've had in each given night, meaning that when all 3 play, you still could only have started 2.

'Hoo Recruit

OK I was thinking 81 games played & not calender days. Never had the rotiserie league do this before.