cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Current Rankings Question

'Hoo Recruit

Current Rankings Question

I am confused about current rankings and how Yahoo does it. I post two players for comparison. Why is Riley Smith ranked higher then Dzingle? It appears to me Dzingle is having a better year.

G   A  +/-  PM  PP  SHP  SOG  FW  HIT  BLK

Smith   9   19  -1   4    12     1      105    3     25    23    Current Rank 195

Dzingle 17 14 -13  23  6      0        96   31    28    24    Current Rank 257

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Current Rankings Question

@robertjohn8th

What are the scoring settings in your league and what timeframe are you using to compare these 2 players?

Sports All-star

I think Dzingel is having a better year too.  I find that +/- carries a LOT of weight with Yahoo rankings.  I’m willing to bet that the top 10 available free agents (by rank) all have +/- of +15 or better.  I'd rather have Dzingel and his superior stats in 4 categories over Smith.  Your league also appears to count PPP, SHP which give an edge to Smith too.  Pretty sure the answer to your OP is +/- though....

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks for the interesting information.