cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Creating a playoff for eliminated teams for #1 pick

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Creating a playoff for eliminated teams for #1 pick

Hi all,

I run a 14 team H2H Fantasy Hockey League.  Trade deadline player dumps are getting a bit ridiculous so in an attempt to keep it interesting I'd like to do a consolation playoff for the next seasons draft seeding. We currently have the Top 8 enter playoff, bottom 6 are frozen. 

Is there anyway to have those teams enter their own playoff? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Creating a playoff for eliminated teams for #1 pick

@RoverT13

If you pick the 8 team option, teams 9 and down are done for the season.

If you pick 6x6, the top 6 teams go for the championship, teams 7 - 12 are in the consolation bracket and teams 13 and 14 are done for the season.

2 REPLIES
Rookie All-star

My league does that and it does help a little. I think the only way to do it on Yahoo is to have a 6 team playoff unfortunately.

Sports Pro All-star

@RoverT13

If you pick the 8 team option, teams 9 and down are done for the season.

If you pick 6x6, the top 6 teams go for the championship, teams 7 - 12 are in the consolation bracket and teams 13 and 14 are done for the season.