cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Ben Bishop Shutout

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Ben Bishop Shutout

I have Ben Bishop. Yesterday he stopped 21 out of 21 shots, therefore he should have received a shutout. For whatever reason, he was not given one on the yahoo fantasy site. What is the situation with this...?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Ben Bishop Shutout

@lucasselvaggi

He didn't play the entire game therefore no SO.

Khudobin played a little over 6 minutes and made 3 saves.
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Ben Bishop

@atari13

SO credit is earned when a G plays the entire game.

Bishop played 53 and change.

8 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

Same for me, I don't understand why I don't get the shutout points if I got the win points. And on NHL.com they gave him a shutout. Come on yahoo!!!

Sports Pro All-star

@lucasselvaggi

He didn't play the entire game therefore no SO.

Khudobin played a little over 6 minutes and made 3 saves.
Sports All-star

Shared shutouts do not get shutout points in fantasy hockey. Khudobin also played, so this would be a shared shutout.

@EHCLI don't know if maybe they had something up last night and changed it, but Bishop's game log on NHL.com does not list a shutout for last night.

'Hoo Recruit

Makes sense... thanks guys!

New 'Hoo

I understand...To bad they call it a shutout even tho it's combine. The win goes to bishop but no shutout even tho they won 2-0, but yet they call it a shutout lol makes no sense in my head lol

New 'Hoo

I've had goalies step in after a time when the starter gets injured and they get a s/o. Is there a specific amount of time you have to play? Do you have to finish the game as the backup? Say Khudobin was left in instead of Bishop coming back, would he have gotten the s/o?

In this game, neither are getting credit for an s/o and that doesn't make sense to me.

Sports Pro All-star

@atari13

SO credit is earned when a G plays the entire game.

Bishop played 53 and change.

Highlighted
Sports All-star

You’re mistaken. A goalie must play the entire game to get credit for a shutout.