cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

victory snap

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

victory snap

was ahead by .22 points in the sea-kc game with about a minute left when seattle got the ball.  wilson took 3 victory snaps which he lost a yard per snap by downing the ball.  with 3 victory snaps i lost 3 yards and .3 points.  

i lost the final game for the league championship by .08 point because of this.  victory or mercy snaps should not count as a deduction.  not fair.  very **bleep** off.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: victory snap

When a QB kneels they become a runner. Kneeling will result in a loss. Those are the official NFL rules.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

i understand, but hurts like heck to lose that way.  just 1 addional yard from anybody was how close that was.  or 2 victory snaps instead of 3. still dont think a intenional victory snap should count against you, win or lose.  wishing everbody a very merry christmas.

4 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

When a QB kneels they become a runner. Kneeling will result in a loss. Those are the official NFL rules.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

Ouch, I know that sounds painful.  I am sure it was painful.  I watch for this in close contests all the time.  Will his quarterback get the ball back? Will the other team use time outs left to force kneel downs, how much time is left, 95 sec. 60 sec. 25 sec.  How many kneel downs will he have to do?  Will the game unfold to force this to happen, will it happen to my quarterback?  I've even seen the backup quarterback come in for kneel downs.  However, this has ALWAYS been scored this way.  What if you were the opponent?  Would you be complaining then?  I take it you were watching and realized the game was going to unfold with 3 kneel downs causing you to lose a championship?  Again, ouch, sorry that had to happen, but that is how the scoring works.  Maybe you will get a lucky stat correction later.

Pro 'Hoo

i understand, but hurts like heck to lose that way.  just 1 addional yard from anybody was how close that was.  or 2 victory snaps instead of 3. still dont think a intenional victory snap should count against you, win or lose.  wishing everbody a very merry christmas.

Highlighted
'Hoo Helper

Wow, that really stinks!  When Tom Brady finally got to 1000 rushing yards exactly, his next victory snap he went up to the line to kneel down so he didn't lose that 1 yard.  haha