cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Why is Jaylen Samuels a TE when he is playing RB this week?

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Why is Jaylen Samuels a TE when he is playing RB this week?

This man had 19 carries and 147 yards last week! Truly inexcusable. Glaringly bad on Yahoo’s part. Does not represent the spirit of the game—at all.
New 'Hoo

Understandable except you give no logical reason why he was listed as a TE in the first place.  

Yes, but the guy in our league who is undefeated and playing in the championship is playing Samuels at TE, giving him 4 RBs in his lineup.  Not fair imo.

New 'Hoo

That is somewhat bad by yahoo.
Highlighted
'Hoo Helper

@sjm5122 wrote:

Understandable except you give no logical reason why he was listed as a TE in the first place.  

@sjm5122  Samuels was listed a TE in the NFL combine this year.  He was added to Yahoo fantasy several weeks after the draft.  In his senior year he mostly played slot reciever and also played running back, tight end, outside receiver, fullback, and H-back throughout his college career.  The I'm guessing the most recent data Yahoo had to go by was his NFL combine declaration, so that's what they used.

New 'Hoo

I agree.

TE's are not targeted by QB's as often as RB's are in any season, but the TE spot has been trickier than usual this year. That is part of the strategy involved in getting to the playoffs. Not only is this taking the fun out of the final, it is costing people money. I can honestly state I would not pull this crap even if it meant an almost guaranteed win. Bad move. The number one team in my league did the same thing. In seeing all the posts in this thread, it is obvious people take this fantasy football stuff very seriously. I will not buy another yahoo product again if they allow this. And giving people a refund is not going to cut it on this one. It's probably already too late, so I'm guessing everyone in the finals wins first prize today. It is still not the same. It makes everyone's efforts for a whole season a colossal waste of time.