cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Waiver/Free Agent add/drop question

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

Waiver/Free Agent add/drop question

I picked up Moore with my waiver wire priority.  It was a move to block my opponent.  If I drop him the same day I acquired him will he return to waivers or be listed as a free agent due to the fact he was on my roster for less than 24 hours?  How long must I hold him to drop him and have him return to waivers?  This is an effective block strategy for players in Thrusday night games that your opponent could use (Moore in a 2 QB league with 8 teams on bye).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Waiver/Free Agent add/drop question

@gOOdy2k6

If it is an effective strategy or not is debatable.  Using your waiver wire priority and going to the back of the waiver line to pick up a player you plan on dropping is a questionable tactic.

The player has to stay on your roster until past midnight Pacific time tonight to go to waivers.  If you drop him before that, he goes back to FA.

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
'Hoo Helper

I believe you have to keep him on your roster for at least a day for him to go back on waivers.

Sports Pro All-star

@gOOdy2k6

If it is an effective strategy or not is debatable.  Using your waiver wire priority and going to the back of the waiver line to pick up a player you plan on dropping is a questionable tactic.

The player has to stay on your roster until past midnight Pacific time tonight to go to waivers.  If you drop him before that, he goes back to FA.