cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Sign up to give us feedback through surveys and/or product test sessions to improve the brands you love!

Suggestion for Commissioners: Jaylen Samuels

SOLVED
Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

Suggestion for Commissioners: Jaylen Samuels

As a commissioner, I hope that I am not faced with making any decisions related to Jaylen Samuels.

However, this is something I have noticed in Commissioner Tools that some of you commissioners or those who wish to request this of their commissioner. The Commissioner can opt (though I will say its best as a league decision in my opinion) to remove any points that Jaylen Samuels scores as a RB for those who wish to start him as a TE. This is mainly for those who seem overly frustrated with Yahoo's stagnacy with changing with the times.

Simply go to Commissioner Tools > Manage Other Teams > Edit Team Points. Deduct all the points he obtains as a RB. Although that could serve as a hard stance or response to Yahoo's hard stance on not changing positions, it does provide you with another option. Just a suggestion.

As stated above, while I do not wish to do this myself, I know that I can and will do so if it becomes an issue and my league votes in majority for that action. I'm not interested in having my Keeper League tank because of the provider...

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Bold 'Hoo

Re: Suggestion for Commissioners: Jaylen Samuels

its not ideal that yahoo allows this, but you are playing with fire in considering a mid season rule change like this.  you might get 11 teams to agree, but i guarantee the samuel owner won't see it that way.  bottom line, imo, yo should never consider any rule change once the league has drafted.  this is especially true in cash leagues.

Bold 'Hoo

if it does alter an outcome at least you can all unite in bagging on yahoo.  to intercede for one team against another is too risky for a commish to attempt.

Rookie All-star

@Doorknockers 

I admire your creativity, but I'm 100 percent w/ @CoolHandLewke.  I've been running leagues for 15 years at Yahoo, and it would take something far more impactful than this for me to change scores, player status, etc (iow, I've never done it).   When you do this type of thing, you also set a precedent that can linger.  Luckily, nobody has asked about this in the leagues I run or play in.

Also, there's a practical problem.  How are you going to differentiate betw TE receptions and RB receptions?   You'd have to watch every snap on offense, and you do NOT want to go down that road! 

4 REPLIES
Bold 'Hoo

its not ideal that yahoo allows this, but you are playing with fire in considering a mid season rule change like this.  you might get 11 teams to agree, but i guarantee the samuel owner won't see it that way.  bottom line, imo, yo should never consider any rule change once the league has drafted.  this is especially true in cash leagues.

Established 'Hoo

I agree. That is why I stated I wouldn't want to be faced with that kind of decision. I mentioned it because I think the alternative will yield the results leading to more complaints. Those who lose to someone starting Samuels that can clearly point out the difference in points based on his being a RB.

I've been a victim of mid season rule changes that occurred twice in one season in a public league. I completely understand how that can turn out.

Bold 'Hoo

if it does alter an outcome at least you can all unite in bagging on yahoo.  to intercede for one team against another is too risky for a commish to attempt.

Rookie All-star

@Doorknockers 

I admire your creativity, but I'm 100 percent w/ @CoolHandLewke.  I've been running leagues for 15 years at Yahoo, and it would take something far more impactful than this for me to change scores, player status, etc (iow, I've never done it).   When you do this type of thing, you also set a precedent that can linger.  Luckily, nobody has asked about this in the leagues I run or play in.

Also, there's a practical problem.  How are you going to differentiate betw TE receptions and RB receptions?   You'd have to watch every snap on offense, and you do NOT want to go down that road!