cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Rule change in Season

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Rule change in Season

We have a 12 team league on yahoo, and we had a league wide vote to change the trade veto from Yahoo's default of 4 to 7 in season(wk 8)....reason for it is because every trade was getting vetoed ...the vote took place 10-1 in favor of the rule change(12th manager was locked up during time of vote,and the comish controlled his team)..the 1 person who voted no was in first place and says i don't want any team better.. any thought on a rule change mid season!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Rule change in Season

@Jrthrift

Big picture, changing league rules after the draft is a big no no.

That being said, if the league is not running the way the players and the commish wants, then maybe it is time to discuss changes.

If a vote was held and the vote was 10-1 to make the change, I would make the change, but I also believe that Commish veto power is the only way to go in private leagues to avoid messes like this.

1 REPLY
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Rule change in Season

@Jrthrift

Big picture, changing league rules after the draft is a big no no.

That being said, if the league is not running the way the players and the commish wants, then maybe it is time to discuss changes.

If a vote was held and the vote was 10-1 to make the change, I would make the change, but I also believe that Commish veto power is the only way to go in private leagues to avoid messes like this.