cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Private League Renewal

Established 'Hoo

Private League Renewal

I am a commissioner in a private league which started this year. Currently have league set on "auto renew" for 2019. However, it's a 12 team league with 1 manager I presently do not intend to invite back for next year. So, am I correct in thinking that when league auto-renews, that manager will either be automatically left in league or automatically sent an invitation to join league again for 2019?

If so, how can I prevent their re-upping from happening? I want everyone else back and all the league settings kept. I just don't want a brou-ha-ha caused by having to publicly delete that team if it auto-renews. It's been enough of a brou-ha-ha this year.

8 REPLIES
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Private League Renewal

@Cyborg1998

In your case I would not auto renew.

Auto renew would send the invite and then you would need to deal with the manager.
Established 'Hoo

So, then I just turn off auto-renewal and then manually reinvite the ones back I want?

Will I get a notification or reminder from Yahoo to do so?

Will this manual renewal keep all the league settings and history from this year?

Sports Pro All-star

@Cyborg1998

The only thing different would be you would manually renew the league yourself instead of the game sending out the renewal invites for you.

History will be there assuming you have history turned on and settings won't change.
Established 'Hoo

Thank you, Steve.

Just want you to know you've been a big help to this rookie commish this year.  Thanks a bunch.

Highlighted
Rookie All-star

@Cyborg1998

On your question about whether you get a reminder, I don't think so, but when you log into the main fantasy football page, you'll see "my leagues" and if Yahoo is up and running, you'll see a reminder and a button to click saying "renew now". Then it takes you through the process, which is easy. 

I also recommend you mail everyone and ask them to go to league msg board and confirm they're in.  This is more "public" than email and I've avoided lots of probs by making everything public that I can. 

Sports Pro All-star

@FantasyGirl

Fantasy Emails

NOTIFY ME OF FANTASY FOOTBALL EVENTS (PENDING TRADES,ETC.) VIA EMAIL?Yes No

REMIND ME TO SET MY LINE-UP VIA EMAIL?Yes No

NOTIFY ME OF FANTASY FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD POSTS VIA EMAIL?Yes No

SEND ME EMAIL AT MY PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN NEXT YEAR'S GAME OPENSYes No

Last bullet under Edit Team Info on the My Team page.
Rookie All-star

@Steve

I'm confused!  What does that have to do with my post?  I'm talking about the commish renewing the league, not league members setting their preferences.

Sports Pro All-star

@FantasyGirl

The reminder point.

You can set up a reminder to get an email when the game opens next year.