cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Sign up to give us feedback through surveys and/or product test sessions to improve the brands you love!

Please change Jaylen Samuels to RB immediately!

SOLVED
Established 'Hoo

Please change Jaylen Samuels to RB immediately!

Yahoo, you can fix this immediately.  I have appreciated your site and how you allow us to manipulate scoring how we would like it.  Unfortunaltely, the scoring in the league I have commissioned since 2004, has only 2 RB spots(no flex), but they tend to be the highest scoring positions in our league, other than QB.  Allowing a RB to be in the TE spot, when TE's tend to score so low, has given the manager who got him on the waiver wire this week, the very real possibility of a huge advantage to win it all.  

This basically happend back in the 2010 playoffs with Joe Webb, who was listed as a QB/WR for the Vikings and wound up starting for the Vikings as their QB.  Yahoo didn't fix it then and it caused problems in our league and many other leagues, for that matter.  So, Yahoo, please do the right thing, like every other site already has done, and change Samuels to RB only.

Oh, and in 2010, I had Joe Webb on my roster, but a vote was taken and it was unanimously voted that I could not start him on my roster as a WR.  By me not starting him, it saved our league from major turmoil.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Please change Jaylen Samuels to RB immediately!

He was originally listed as a TE before season start. Position eligibility is determined by a player’s past participation and info our data provider collects from NFL teams. Our data provider makes the final decision (there’s no set criteria) on position eligibility including when a new position is added. If it’s determined that a player’s primary position has changed, then that player gains eligibility for the new position but won’t lose their original designation.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
11 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Jaylon Samuels was drafted as RB by Steelers, He is listed as RB on Steelers roster. Yahoo has incorrect TE eligibility, Steelers dont use him as TE. if this is not fixed this is the last year our group plays on yahoo. other sites have this right

Official 'Hoo Staff

He was originally listed as a TE before season start. Position eligibility is determined by a player’s past participation and info our data provider collects from NFL teams. Our data provider makes the final decision (there’s no set criteria) on position eligibility including when a new position is added. If it’s determined that a player’s primary position has changed, then that player gains eligibility for the new position but won’t lose their original designation.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

Jaylen Samuels played tight end at N.C. State but the Steelers drafted him without a defined position.. This was quoted from the NFL.com news story one day ago

Pro 'Hoo

I agree!! I cannot believe they will allow Jaylen Samuels fill in the TE position. Talk about an unfair advantage. This is going to change the outcome of games all across the nation.

Pro 'Hoo

Yes,  this is going to make many loyal fantasy managers upset as he is NOT a TE!   Your reasoning is off beat as well.   You cares what position they were drafted for.  They should be position in fantasy football in the same position they play on the field!   Stop making excuses and make it how it should be for crying out loud!!!

Pro 'Hoo

Yahoo even talks about him as a RB in their fantasy advice..... now that is some funny stuff right there!   Here is your advice yahoo....

Advice: While Samuels will make the start, he said Stevan Ridley is expected to get the second series, and the two backs will rotate throughout the game. That may be the plan for now, but it can change Sunday depending on how Samuels and Ridley look. We still like Samuels as an upside RB2 play.

Established 'Hoo

How is the problem solved?  This is still a problem.  You guys do government work too?  

Rookie All-star

@puegene44

For what it's worth, this is not true.  Other than matchup ratings, the player blurbs are imported by Yahoo from Rotoworld (clearly listed at the bottom of the text).  That's where your quoted text came from. 

Pro 'Hoo

Read this

*Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*

and stop crying for crying out loud