cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Playoff reseeding

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Playoff reseeding

Why are we unable to set playoff reseeding to Yes after the playoffs have already begun?  We made a mistake and did not know we had to change this setting.  Now our 1 seed is playing a 4 seed for the second round and the 2 seed is playing a 6 seed.

Can someone please help with this? 

Tags (2)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Playoff reseeding

@nickgair79

As stated in other threads once your league's playoffs have started the settings cannot be changed.
Highlighted
Rookie All-star

@nickgair79

There's nothing flawed with the system.  Just stop and think!  The potential for abuse is huge if people can reseed after the playoffs have begun.  A commish could do it because he'd rather play a different team. 

This is user error, and I acknowledged it myelf about 5 years when Yahoo inserted a new setting and assisgned a default.  The default messed us up, but I missed it when I went through my settings (I import them every year, so I went through them quickly).  The last thing I would have done was expect Yahoo to step and let me change it.  It was on ME.

As for another platform, good luck finding one that will let you do this.  In fact, I'm surprised at what Yahoo does let us change. 

5 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

It would be nice to have a moderator fix this issue for us.  I cannot believe how many people have asked for this to be resolved yet it still is not an option for commissioners to use.  It has been several hours without a response.  Clearly this is an issue for a lot of leagues.  

Black Pearl (ID# 1021451)

Tags (2)
Sports Pro All-star

@nickgair79

As stated in other threads once your league's playoffs have started the settings cannot be changed.
Pro 'Hoo

The problem is not solved!  The system is clearly flawed!  We will move on to another platform next season. 

Highlighted
Rookie All-star

@nickgair79

There's nothing flawed with the system.  Just stop and think!  The potential for abuse is huge if people can reseed after the playoffs have begun.  A commish could do it because he'd rather play a different team. 

This is user error, and I acknowledged it myelf about 5 years when Yahoo inserted a new setting and assisgned a default.  The default messed us up, but I missed it when I went through my settings (I import them every year, so I went through them quickly).  The last thing I would have done was expect Yahoo to step and let me change it.  It was on ME.

As for another platform, good luck finding one that will let you do this.  In fact, I'm surprised at what Yahoo does let us change. 

Pro 'Hoo

It is flawed!  

All professional sports have the top seed playing the lowest seed yet Yahoo sets up a different default.  It makes zero sense and clearly I am not the only one who thinks this is a horrible setup.  

Get with the program here Yahoo!