cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Playoff Reseeding

'Hoo Recruit

Playoff Reseeding

We need league settings for playoff seeding set to yes for our league. I need to reset the semifinal matchups to divisional matchups.

League ID: 120613

I am the commissioner but the site won't let me make this change right now.

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Playoff Reseeding

I need this too, very frustrating that you can't really do anything once the playoffs start.  We have the incorrect matchups this week.

Pro 'Hoo

Same for the two leagues I participate in as well.  The top seed is not playing the lowest seed in round 2. 

Official 'Hoo Staff

If your playoffs start this week, you can edit seedings accordingly. If you're already in the second round of the playoffs, you'll have to play as is. I strongly encourage you to follow our Twitter page @YahooFantasyCC where we tweet frequently about this exact situation so users are not stuck with their current seedings in round 2.

I also recommend checking these types of settings before the playoffs start. Thanks.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
New 'Hoo

What a joke. Let the commish change the playoff schedule during the playoffs. ESPN does it. When you set up your league for 2 divisions like the NFL does, why do you lump everyone together for seeding. NFC doesn't play AFC in the playoffs. Time to take the league to ESPN.
'Hoo Recruit

This is exactly what I don't understand - why doesn't Yahoo know how to properly handle a divisional setup?  When I set it up that way I expected the playoffs would be handled NFL style.  And reminding me now to look at the settings does me no good.  Not to mention that the setting itself is confusing.  I selected "No" for Playoff reseeding because I didn't want a 4 seed being reseeded to #1 if they won the first round.  How was I to know it meant "allow Commissioner to reseed playoffs" and that i would actually need it?

I shouldn't need to follow a twitter account to set the league up...