cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

How to reverse Stat Correction as league commissioner?

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

How to reverse Stat Correction as league commissioner?

I want to know how to reverse the stat correction that was issued on wednesday night.  our league is in agreement that we don't want stat corrector to issue anything beyond Tuesday.  This stat reversal regarding a fumble on Sunday (for Zek's career stats and all the NFL corruption that follows with it), get's reversed on Wednesday, in the playoffs, and has swapped teams in from 1st/2nd place game to 3rd/4th place game, is big money on the line.  Please let me know how to reverse the stat correction.   

Tags (1)
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: How to reverse Stat Correction as league commissioner?

@JoJoUknow

Your Tuesday deadline is going to be a long-term problem for you.  Here's why.

Let me ask you a question first and get your answer....

Every week during the season, and for many seasons previously, the NFL has met on Wednesday to review stats from the games from the previous weekend.

They issue stat corrections late Wednesday and Yahoo processes them overnight on Wednesday and updates are posted Thursday morning.

This happens every week.  This is nothing new.

This week, the NFL issued the Elliott stat correction and a corresponding Indy D stat correction, which are official NFL stats as of now.

See here.

https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/57783/IND_Gamebook.pdf

Now I'm going to ask you to review the numbers and process and think about as a commish, do I want to override official NFL stats?  A solid commish would go with the NFL stats.

Let me know your answer, yes or no.

Sports Pro All-star

@JoJoUknow

I suggest that going against official NFL stats is going to cause you issues in the long run.  Consider moving your cutoff to Thursday.

Commish tools, Manage Other Team, Edit Team Points.  You can pick any team and any week.  It's a +/- thing, you can add or takeaway points from any team in your league.  Whoever has Elliott you can do a -2 and whoever owns the Indy D, if there is someone, you would need to do a +2, assuming standard scoring.

Sports Pro All-star

@Leander

Then you may want to play the Daily games instead of the season long games.

The season long games will get the stats corrected....eventually.

The daily games have a hard deadline and it is what it is.

Rookie All-star

@JoJoUknow 

Any and all statistical changes done by the league commissioner should be approved by 100% of the league members. 

Rookie All-star

@DAWK

This shouldn't be causing issues. On scoring, if you're in a private league, the commish sets these stats and they're listed in your scoring settings.  For example, I always set sacks at -1.  I'd rather use -2 for change of possession plays.

On Goff, like all other major free platforms, Yahoo uses official NFL scoring.  This is stated in their rules. There's no reason to 2nd guess it, because the game would be chaos if there wasn't a final arbiter.  It doesn't matter what you think you saw, and I'd guess all of us have gone through this when we've watched a game and thought we saw something different. 

26 REPLIES
Sports Pro All-star

@JoJoUknow

Your Tuesday deadline is going to be a long-term problem for you.  Here's why.

Let me ask you a question first and get your answer....

Every week during the season, and for many seasons previously, the NFL has met on Wednesday to review stats from the games from the previous weekend.

They issue stat corrections late Wednesday and Yahoo processes them overnight on Wednesday and updates are posted Thursday morning.

This happens every week.  This is nothing new.

This week, the NFL issued the Elliott stat correction and a corresponding Indy D stat correction, which are official NFL stats as of now.

See here.

https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/57783/IND_Gamebook.pdf

Now I'm going to ask you to review the numbers and process and think about as a commish, do I want to override official NFL stats?  A solid commish would go with the NFL stats.

Let me know your answer, yes or no.

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks for your prompt reply Steve. 

Yes, is my answer, as the commish, I'd like to be able to run the league as I see fit, and in this case, as the majority vote in our league has indicated.  None of us are Dallas Cowboy haters or any of that going on, but we saw the play in question, and we believe it was a fumble.  Now, if the NFL wants to pad the stats of Zek for his hall of fame career, so be it, but we don't agree with it.  So, shouldn't I have the ability to allow or not Stat Corrections as the commish? 

Sports Pro All-star

@JoJoUknow

Just to be clear, he is still charged with a fumble, just not a fumble lost.  The NFL determined he recoved his own fumble.

Do you still want to change the scoring?

'Hoo Recruit

Yes, I still want to change the scoring.  Just as the NFL commissioner has the authority to rule this was not a lost fumble, I should have the authority to make this decision in our league.  Because as I said, the initial ruling of a fumble and recovery by the Colts appears to be the correct one.  So, someone with big money (maybe Jerry Jones or just those within the crooked NFL front office) was able to get this play changed and it's only for Zeke's career stats.  He has one less stat.  Nobody besides Zeke, The NFL, and Dallas Cowboys cares whether the turnover occurred on that play, or if it was simply a turnover on downs, at the same spot, except for fantasy football owners.  So, is there anyway I can get this reversed, or have the authority to make the decision in my league regarding this, and any future decisions that involve this? 

This the first time in my 15 years of doing Yahoo Fantasy Football where this has occurred.  I feel like I'm watching a bad replay of the tuck rule being invented.   

Sports Pro All-star

@JoJoUknow

I suggest that going against official NFL stats is going to cause you issues in the long run.  Consider moving your cutoff to Thursday.

Commish tools, Manage Other Team, Edit Team Points.  You can pick any team and any week.  It's a +/- thing, you can add or takeaway points from any team in your league.  Whoever has Elliott you can do a -2 and whoever owns the Indy D, if there is someone, you would need to do a +2, assuming standard scoring.

Rookie All-star

@JoJoUknow   Wow, this should be Exhibit A on why nobody should ever join a cash league when you don't know the commish. 

Sorry to jump in, but I have 2 questions.  If you do this, you're using scoring that says a fumble recovered by the offense should still count -2 points.  Are you going to stick with this in the future?   Also, does this stat change impact you or one of your friends?

These are fair questions, because while it's true you can run your league any way you want, you're taking cash and a win away from someone who legitimately won per NFL scoring and Yahoo rules.  I'm not sure you see that.

'Hoo Recruit

I too, am a commish, and a victim. I won my playoff game by .4 before this same change. I am all for fairness, but not 3 days after the game ends.  That is a load of crap. Curious if any others have dealt with the unfair of changing of scores on a Wed?

Sports Pro All-star

@mr56

For decades, literally, the NFL has met on Wednesdays to review stat corrections and issue updates.

This is not a Yahoo problem.  They are making updates based on official NFL stat changes.

I'm really not sure why so many people have issues with Yahoo on this topic since the NFL stat changes come from the NFL, you know, the folks that own the game, and the can make stat updates whenever they want with the majority coming out late on Wednesdays.

Highlighted
'Hoo Helper

@mr56 wrote:

I too, am a commish, and a victim. I won my playoff game by .4 before this same change. I am all for fairness, but not 3 days after the game ends.  That is a load of crap. Curious if any others have dealt with the unfair of changing of scores on a Wed?

@mr56 The majority of the stat corrections are applied Thursday mornings.  If you go to the Players > Stat Corrections link, you'll see when past weeks' corrections were applied. 

Week 14: All on Dec 13

Week 13: Most on Dec 6

Week 12: All on Nov 29

Week 11: All on Nov 22    etc.