cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

How to Get Stat Error/Discrepancy Corrected?

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

How to Get Stat Error/Discrepancy Corrected?

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with this.

In reviewing my fantasy football score for this past week, I have found a scoring error and discrepancy. The Chicago Bears defense was credited with 5 tackles for losses in their win against the packers, however, I believe this number should be 6. ESPN Stats correctly has this written as 6 tackles for losses for the Bears. The NFL.com page has them down for only 5 but when looking through the play by play, I see 6 of them which are as follows:
1. -6 yard sack by K. Mack in 1st quarter
2. -8 yard sack split by B.Nichols and K.Mack in 1st quarter (this is the one which was not counted, maybe because it was split...)
3. -4 yard run, tackle by Lynch, second quarter
4. -2 yard sack by Floyd, 4th quarter
5. -5 yard sack by Mack, 4th quarter
6. -18 yard sack by Floyd, 4th quarter

I am not sure who to contact regarding this issue and how to get it changed. This is very important because it would change the result of my game and put me into the championship.

Thank you very much for your input.

Danny Baumel

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
'Hoo Helper

Re: How to Get Stat Error/Discrepancy Corrected?

As you suspected, a Tackle for Loss is not counted when mutliple players contribue to the tackle.  It has to be an individual player, and the NFL shows these TFLs: Leonard Floyd 2, Khalil Mack 2, Aaron Lynch 1

Sports Pro All-star

@baumel7

Yahoo will match what the NFL reports.  If the NFL says 5 TFLs, Yahoo will score 5 TFLs.

9 REPLIES
'Hoo Helper

As you suspected, a Tackle for Loss is not counted when mutliple players contribue to the tackle.  It has to be an individual player, and the NFL shows these TFLs: Leonard Floyd 2, Khalil Mack 2, Aaron Lynch 1

'Hoo Recruit

Is this how it is officially scored though or just on Yahoo? Because on ESPN it shows the .5 tackles for loss for two players with a total of 6 tackles for loss for the Bears. 

'Hoo Recruit

I would understand them not counting the .5 for the individual players, but overall it should be counted as a team tackle for a loss...

Highlighted
'Hoo Helper

@baumel7 wrote:

Is this how it is officially scored though or just on Yahoo? Because on ESPN it shows the .5 tackles for loss for two players with a total of 6 tackles for loss for the Bears. 

To be honest, I'm not quite sure.  It would make sense for the TFL from the individual players to match the defense as a whole.  It might be how the NFL scores it because the stats from that game on their website shows 5 TFL for the Bears.

Sports Pro All-star

@baumel7

Yahoo will match what the NFL reports.  If the NFL says 5 TFLs, Yahoo will score 5 TFLs.

'Hoo Recruit

How do you get a hold of the NFL to change it? Not counting a team tackle for a loss because two players contributed to the tackle makes very little sense to me.
Sports Pro All-star

@baumel7

NFL Corporate Office Headquarters
National Football League
280 Park Ave., 15th Fl.
New York, NY 10017 USA
Corporate Phone Number: 1-212-450-2000
NFLShop.com Customer Service: 1-877-635-7467

Sports Pro All-star

@baumel7

And you can email Roger here

officeofcommissioner@nfl.com

'Hoo Recruit

Thank you.