cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

How does a running back have the highest TE score for wk 15?

SOLVED
Established 'Hoo

How does a running back have the highest TE score for wk 15?

How does a running back (Jaylen Samuels) have the highest point total for week 15 in the tight end category?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Rookie All-star

Re: How does a running back have the highest TE score for wk 15?

@bumbarta  There have been numerous other threads about this but the gist of it is that Samuels is TE-eligibile because he was listed as a TE at the NFL draft combine.  Yahoo does not remove position eligibility once it is granted, so it has stayed although he has been playing RB in the NFL.

Established 'Hoo

You just said it.  You are making a "reasonable expectation".  A guess.  Perhaps a very good educational guess, but still not a guarantee of how a team uses a player and what their position will be, so why are reasonable expectations or guesses or whatever you want to call it being made.  Can't yahoo just know what positions a team is giving a player before the seaon starts and just go by that?  Why not?  This player (J. Samuels) was never used at a TE position at the NFL Combine.  I looked that up.  Not once.  So a player can simply choose all the positions they want to be listed as when going to a combine and that is what yahoo will ALWAYS use.  Well, that is why stuff like this happens and people will bail out on Yahoo next season.  He got the Highest TE score for the semi-finals.  People won or lost becasue of this player at TE while using RB's at the other three spots on the roster.  **bleep**!  Please note, I myself, was not a victim of this.

8 REPLIES
Rookie All-star

@bumbarta  There have been numerous other threads about this but the gist of it is that Samuels is TE-eligibile because he was listed as a TE at the NFL draft combine.  Yahoo does not remove position eligibility once it is granted, so it has stayed although he has been playing RB in the NFL.

Established 'Hoo

I don't know how all this works but why wouldn't yahoo at the beginning of the season right before week one starts look at how all the players are designated by their team.  Then if that changes over time then you can add to that without taking away the original designation.  Why would you go by what they did in high school or college or at an NFL draft combine.  Don't the NFL teams list what position the players are designated to be before the regular season starts?  Go by that and then make additions from there if necessary.  That way no one is making any judgement calls or guessing.  THAT WAY YOU CAN JUST SAY THAT IS HOW THE TEAM HAD HIM LISTED.

Rookie All-star

@bumbarta  How is listing a player by the position he was went to the combine as guessing what position he is?

Highlighted
Rookie All-star

Forgot to add:  The position that a player decides to go to the combine as is a very reasonable expectation of what position they'd expect to play in the pros.

Established 'Hoo

You just said it.  You are making a "reasonable expectation".  A guess.  Perhaps a very good educational guess, but still not a guarantee of how a team uses a player and what their position will be, so why are reasonable expectations or guesses or whatever you want to call it being made.  Can't yahoo just know what positions a team is giving a player before the seaon starts and just go by that?  Why not?  This player (J. Samuels) was never used at a TE position at the NFL Combine.  I looked that up.  Not once.  So a player can simply choose all the positions they want to be listed as when going to a combine and that is what yahoo will ALWAYS use.  Well, that is why stuff like this happens and people will bail out on Yahoo next season.  He got the Highest TE score for the semi-finals.  People won or lost becasue of this player at TE while using RB's at the other three spots on the roster.  **bleep**!  Please note, I myself, was not a victim of this.

'Hoo Helper

@bumbarta, Samuels WAS listed as a TE in the NFL Combine, *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*.  The problem is, *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*, "At NC State, he played a mix of running back, tight end, slot receiver, outside receiver, fullback, and H-back."  His senior year he mostly lined up in the slot.  So, I can see how it would be hard to define a person like this before the season begins without seeing where he will actually play.  You can't really go by what the player expects to play either.  Some websites didn't think he'd make the Steelers' 53-man roster.

With someone that could potentially play a few different positions, a "reasonable expectation" of what he might do based on the NFL Combine grouping could easily be wrong.  I can only assume initial position determinations by Yahoo are done very early on in the pre-season.  Once that's set, it's Yahoo's policy to only add aditional positions and not remove the original.  For everyone that saw a multi-position early and grabbed him, good for you.  In my league, he was gone before Week 11 (lucky guess by that guy!)

'Hoo Helper

Sorry about the external links.  You can find images of Jaylen Samuels from the NFL Combine with the "TE" sweatshirt and jersey, so he was one at the combine.  SB Nation had a story in April about problems trying to define what position he would be

Sports Pro All-star