cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Sign up to give us feedback through surveys and/or product test sessions to improve the brands you love!

Greg Zuerlein

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Greg Zuerlein

Greg Zuerlein has been Out for weeks and I placed him on IR. Instead of Yahoo! doing the correct thing which is to assume he is out until the team says he is in, he was changed to Questionable THIS WEEK. Not the previous weeks though. Since he didnt praactice, there was zero reason to change his status this week.

It forced me to drop my Kicker in order to use the Waiver Wire. Now, the Rams say he isn't ready but Yahoo lists him now as Doubtful. So I have to wait until Yahoo finally lists him as Out before I can pick up a Kicker. I would have kept the Kicker I have had for weeks if Zuerlein had just been left OUT!

Its not right. Reminds me of the NFL. Please don't give me nonsense about Yahoo doesn't control it. Sure they do. They did the right thing for weeks until this week. Nothing changed this week.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rookie All-star

Re: Greg Zuerlein

You say Yahoo "did the right thing" for several weeks, but that's not the issue.  They pull these statuses from the teams.  He was "out" because it was a multi week injury.  He's now considered day to day, even though it's unlikely he plays.  This is exactly what "doubtful" means.  Also, Wednesday is the day teams typically release injury updates.  None of this is wrong or even surprising.

11 REPLIES
Rookie All-star

You say Yahoo "did the right thing" for several weeks, but that's not the issue.  They pull these statuses from the teams.  He was "out" because it was a multi week injury.  He's now considered day to day, even though it's unlikely he plays.  This is exactly what "doubtful" means.  Also, Wednesday is the day teams typically release injury updates.  None of this is wrong or even surprising.

New 'Hoo

But now he is OUT and Yahoo still says Doubtful so you cant put him IR to grab a new kicker.  Help Yahoo!

Rookie All-star

Assuming you are in a league with 2-day waiver period, able to add directly to IR, and don't play in a league where people will use their waiver priority on an injured K, you could theoretically drop him now for another kicker and likely re-add him before Sunday's games.

New 'Hoo

I am in the same situation. I have six teams all with Greg Z on them. I had to do the same thing as I had him on my IR. Yahoo does this every week, I dealt with this same issue with Alshon and Greg Olsen. Just hang in there, Yahoo should change Greg to "O" by Sat night or early Sunday morning. Then you can place him back on the IR and add a kicker. Do not drop him, someone else will pick him up, especially since he is close to coming back. If Yahoo does not change him to "O" by then, then it is an error on Yahoo's behalf as he was officially listed as "Out" for week 6 by the team today. But be patient, they usually get this fixed before the games start.  

'Hoo Recruit

Anybody have any updates? He is now questionable 🤔
Rookie All-star

He has NOT been officially listed as out by the team.  In fact, he's participating in limited drills as  I type, which probably means he's a Q tag at the moment with a shot to play.

Ya'll need to be careful when reading that a player has been declared out.  Yahoo is linked to official team designations, not a USA Today statement prompted by a guess from a writer.  At no time this week has he been declared out by the team.

New 'Hoo

He has now been declared out. Still waiting for Yahoo to change him to Out.

New 'Hoo

Come on Yahoo there were reports he was out last night and now the Rams have confirmed he is out for this week but Yahoo still thinks he's questionable.  Send me another of your stupid Fantasy Sports surveys so I can tell you where to stick it.

New 'Hoo

I have to assume that he will be listed as out by gametime when he is an inactive.  That is all I need to happen, but it is annoying that he is now listed as out by the team, and they haven't changed it.