cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Getting "Team key does not exist" from /fantasy/v2/users;use_login=1/games/teams

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Yahoo Fantasy Sports API not responding

The API has been returning a 500 Server Error.  Is this a system-wide problem, and if so, is there an ETA for the restoration of this service?  Thank you.

Established 'Hoo

Re: Roster from API returning Internal Server Error

Does anyone know who we can contact if the forum route is not going to work? An email address? Support ticket system? Anything?

Established 'Hoo

It seems to be affecting FantasyPros and maybe even their own app, so I'm more optimistic now that it'll get fixed eventually.
Established 'Hoo

--

Established 'Hoo

Makes sense, mine is a private league.

Established 'Hoo

The fact that public leagues are fine makes me think that the issue here is with OAuth. As far as I know, OAuth is only needed for the API to work with private leagues. I'm not in any public leagues so I can't test this hypothesis with my code, but it's what I suspect is going on.

Established 'Hoo

Sorry - I should have been more specific. Someone mentioned FantasyPros.com so I mentioned FantasyFootballNerd.com. Disregard.

The API doesn't work regardless of private or public setting on the league.

Oauth requests seem to work just fine. I get the token successfully. It's when we make the API call to either get rosters or available players in the league that the Internal Server Error happens.

Established 'Hoo

Agreed.  For me the Oath token isn't the issue (Oauth is refreshing fine), it's throwing errors upon making requests to the API.

Contributin' 'Hoo

Yeah, this isn't a partial outage -- the whole API is down.  It affects all sports and all functionality as far as I can tell.

An admin has noted above that they're reporting it to engineering.  Last time this happened it took a few hours but service was restored.  It's been well over 24 hours since I noticed the problem, so I'm hoping for an update soon.

Established 'Hoo

Can you post a link to that admin post?

Also, just to clarify, my (wrong) hypothesis had been that there was a failure of OAuth to properly pass authentication to the API. That could have explained the API working for public but not private leagues. But it seems its down for both, so isn't the issue. I too am successfully receiving my tokens.

What is particularly puzzling to me is that the API is working via the YQL console (https://developer.yahoo.com/yql/console/) for all my leagues. That's another reason I was wondering if there was an authentication issue since the authentication seems to be handled differently (and successfully) via the console.