cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Sign up to give us feedback through surveys and/or product test sessions to improve the brands you love!

Fantasy Football Playoff - DID NOT give bye week

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Fantasy Football Playoff - DID NOT give bye week

Hi - I am the commissioner of my work league, and for some reason Yahoo did not give 1st and 2nd place a bye for the first round of playoffs. I have never seen this happen before. Can someone please help me correct this before playoffs begin? I will need to reseed today to give the people matched up with 1 & 2 a different match up.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Fantasy Football Playoff - DID NOT give bye week

@stevealabiso

There are no byes in an 8 team bracket.

4 weeks of playoffs is not possible in the game.
Rookie All-star

@stevealabiso

Yes, those are your options.  I hope and assume you stick with 8.  If guys have been  playing all season assuming there are 8 spots, that's kind of unfair to dump the bottom 2 to preserve a 1st week bye.

5 REPLIES
Rookie All-star

How many teams are in the playoffs and how many weeks?  The only # of teams where this works is 6 and a 3 week playoff, because then you have 4 teams in the semis:  the 2 on bye and the 2 winners.  If you have 8 or 4, you end up with an odd # of teams when you do a 1st round bye. 

This isn't on Yahoo, because they automatically do it with 6 if it's a 3 week playoff.  Otherwise, the math doesn't add up.

'Hoo Recruit

I have a 12 team league with 8 playoff spots. Can we change it to 4 week playoffs so that I do not have to cut 2 teams from the bracket?

Sports Pro All-star

@stevealabiso

There are no byes in an 8 team bracket.

4 weeks of playoffs is not possible in the game.
'Hoo Recruit

So my options are to cut two playoff teams and give a bye to 1st and 2nd place OR leave as is?

Rookie All-star

@stevealabiso

Yes, those are your options.  I hope and assume you stick with 8.  If guys have been  playing all season assuming there are 8 spots, that's kind of unfair to dump the bottom 2 to preserve a 1st week bye.