cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Fantasy Football Playoff - DID NOT give bye week

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Fantasy Football Playoff - DID NOT give bye week

Hi - I am the commissioner of my work league, and for some reason Yahoo did not give 1st and 2nd place a bye for the first round of playoffs. I have never seen this happen before. Can someone please help me correct this before playoffs begin? I will need to reseed today to give the people matched up with 1 & 2 a different match up.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Fantasy Football Playoff - DID NOT give bye week

@stevealabiso

There are no byes in an 8 team bracket.

4 weeks of playoffs is not possible in the game.
Highlighted
Rookie All-star

@stevealabiso

Yes, those are your options.  I hope and assume you stick with 8.  If guys have been  playing all season assuming there are 8 spots, that's kind of unfair to dump the bottom 2 to preserve a 1st week bye.

5 REPLIES
Rookie All-star

How many teams are in the playoffs and how many weeks?  The only # of teams where this works is 6 and a 3 week playoff, because then you have 4 teams in the semis:  the 2 on bye and the 2 winners.  If you have 8 or 4, you end up with an odd # of teams when you do a 1st round bye. 

This isn't on Yahoo, because they automatically do it with 6 if it's a 3 week playoff.  Otherwise, the math doesn't add up.

'Hoo Recruit

I have a 12 team league with 8 playoff spots. Can we change it to 4 week playoffs so that I do not have to cut 2 teams from the bracket?

Sports Pro All-star

@stevealabiso

There are no byes in an 8 team bracket.

4 weeks of playoffs is not possible in the game.
'Hoo Recruit

So my options are to cut two playoff teams and give a bye to 1st and 2nd place OR leave as is?

Highlighted
Rookie All-star

@stevealabiso

Yes, those are your options.  I hope and assume you stick with 8.  If guys have been  playing all season assuming there are 8 spots, that's kind of unfair to dump the bottom 2 to preserve a 1st week bye.