cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Draft Picks Question!

SOLVED
Established 'Hoo

Draft Picks Question!

I'm commissioner of a league that was once a keeper league with draft picks traded. However, we lost a couple teams and added more (going from 10 to 12) so we've decided to "reset" the league with no keepers and normal picks. I've tried setting draft picks to "randomly set 30 minutes before draft" and "Randomly set now" but both times when I go to the "Draft Picks" under the Draft tab, it's showing traded draft picks from the remaining teams of last year. We'd prefer to just have it randomly set 30 minutes before draft but I don't want draft time to come and 4 teams have traded draft picks still. Can someone advise me on this? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Draft Picks Question!

@McEwan8

When you select Random order, all keepers are ignored.  The players you see listed now will be in the pool and up for grabs.

6 REPLIES
Sports Pro All-star

@McEwan8

Did you approve keepers?  Is the league still set to be a keeper league?

Established 'Hoo

I unclicked the box that says " Yes, enable Keeper League Management tools" under Keeper Settings. So that should have made it no longer a Keeper league, correct?

Sports Pro All-star

@McEwan8

Correct.  Keepers will be ignored now for this season.

Established 'Hoo

Great! However, I'm still not sure what's going on with my draft picks. I've currently set it to randomly set picks 30 mins before draft, but when I go to the Draft tab and then check "Draft Picks", it still shows all of last years picks that were traded amongst the teams that are left from last years draft. 

Sports Pro All-star

@McEwan8

When you select Random order, all keepers are ignored.  The players you see listed now will be in the pool and up for grabs.

Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

Yes, but all the traded draft picks themselves are still showing. 
Example: I made trades last year that landed me an addition pick in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round of the draft. When I go to "draft picks" this is still showing. 
As well, the guys I made the trades with are still in the league and have additional picks in later rounds and is still showing.