Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Custom Scoring

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Custom Scoring

I'm a first time commissioner in our league and was looking for to reallocate bonuses from the different options that Yahoo offers. For example, the yahoo settings allow you to award bonuses for 40+ yard plays but is there a way to change the yardage requirement itself? We are thinking of doing a bonus for 25+ yard rushes for RBs, and keeping the bonus 40+ yard receptions for recievers. Is that possible? Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-Star

Re: Custom Scoring

@davidjhill44

The levels for the bonuses cannot be changed.

Sports Pro All-Star

@davidjhill44

If they do, which I doubt they will, the earliest it would happen would be next season, but I would bet nothing on that happening.

6 REPLIES
Sports Pro All-Star

@davidjhill44

The levels for the bonuses cannot be changed.

'Hoo Recruit

Do you think Yahoo would adjust this in the future?
Trusted 'Hoo Helper

Please!    As a new Commish take our advise and do NOT Award bonus points. PPR and PPCarry or more Points per Yard both carry and receiving if you want long runs or passes to score more, and other incentives but not adding bonus points on top of it all.  Certain players can score as much as half the other teams players and nobody wants to lose like that, to basically one Player not a Team. jmho and other will agree I am sure. NEVER EVER AGAIN just like the No Cut lISt. Getridofit!!  gl Commish it's a tough job. Put on your big boy pants.  WOrk out any 'bugs' in week one then leave your hands of your Tool Smiley Happy  

Tags (1)
Sports Pro All-Star

@davidjhill44

If they do, which I doubt they will, the earliest it would happen would be next season, but I would bet nothing on that happening.

Sports All-star

I was in a league for a week before the Commish kicked me out for complaining about the way the league was set up with Bonus points.  My QB scored 115 points.  I won, but was ticked, took the fun out of it.

'Hoo Recruit

The only thing I'm talking about is adding a two or three point bonus for 40-plus yard rushes and receptions.(Which is a rare feat, check NFL stats for last year) The purpose is to try to find a balance between real life football big-play guys like Desean Jackson who we will catch two balls for 75 yards in a game and be somewhat obselete in a PPR league compared to a Jarvis Landry type who could get 75 yards in a game but on 8 or 9 dink and dunk underneath patterns.