cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Sign up to give us feedback through surveys and/or product test sessions to improve the brands you love!

Change samuels to RB ONLY ASAP YAHOO

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Change samuels to RB ONLY ASAP YAHOO

That is giving players that picked him up an unfair advantage heading into the playoffs and he needs to be listed as a RB only! 

Established 'Hoo

AGREED! I'n my league it is effectively giving one manager the ability to have four styarting RB's. ABOSLUTELY NOT FAIR! In all my years of playing I don't think I have ever seen a player listed as a RB / TE.

Established 'Hoo

It's NOT "solved". Yahoo is taking a pass and screwing all but one manager in EVERY LEAGUE! Noone probably even owened the guy until two days ago, now he's the difference maker because Yahoo REFUSES to do the right thing!

Established 'Hoo

Re: Change samuels to RB ONLY ASAP YAHOOPlayer Note Cordarrelle Patterson NE - WR,RB

Interesting posts. But a comment.  There are other players listed with multiple positions in the yahoo leagues...one noted below

Player Note Cordarrelle Patterson NE - WR,RB

and he is eligible to play multiple positions.  I would agree that there are some players like the current Ravens QB who is more of a RB and a QB given his rushing statistics. On an aside, I also play in a private league that has Defense players--DB, DL, LB...with multiple players listed with multiple positions--Lost out in the draft on Mack, Bears LB/DE and this versatility is a plus for sure. But in my view, not something that should be changed mid-season.  A few years back NO TE Jimmy Graham played more as a WR than TE and while not having the 'WR' designation despite his use as a wide out in a vast majority of plays; well the results of Grahams transfer to Seattle and now Green Bay shows his lack of procuctivity at the TE position over the last three years or so.  It'll sort itself out, but to change this mid-week, well it's 'reality fantasy' and let it go.

Established 'Hoo

Re: Change samuels to RB ONLY ASAP YAHOOPlayer Note Cordarrelle Patterson NE - WR,RB

WR / RB is a COMMON designator, RB /TE I don't think has EVER been used. Not to mention how big of an advantage it gives ONE manager in every league to a guy who otherwise wouldn't be playing.

Established 'Hoo

What a bunch of B.S.! Even the Steelers OFFICIAL web site does NOT list him as a TE!

Established 'Hoo

The Steelers OFFICIAL web site doees NOT have him listed as a TE......RB ONLY!

'Hoo Recruit

Definite unfair advantage!!  He's not a TE he's a RB.  You put a RB in a TE slot for fantasy football?  In the playoffs?  That is just ridiculous and stupid.  Fix it!  

Rookie All-star

@bearfanjoe

Great post.  I can even go back further to Marques Colston.  He was initially designated TE/WR.  Pretty sure they changed it back to WR after his rookie year.  Nobody complained.  I only remember it because I'm the one who had him. 

Established 'Hoo

As a commissioner of my private league, it does feel weird to acknowledge a player who has not played in the NFL (or even participated in the combine) as a TE. He's been listed as RB/TE the entire season on Yahoo. Albeit incorrect, but still. One could blame this all on LeVeon Bell (saracasm) whose sit out afforded James Conner the ability to be the full time starter and then for the latter to get a minor injury giving Samuels the opportunity to cause this issue.

Had Bell played and or Conner never been injured, I'm almost sure next year Samuels would have been listed only as a RB. The one person in my league who has Samuels picked him up around Week 2-4 only because they share the same alma mater... I can't punish that person for that. However, the person who is in 5th place will have the near impossible task of outscoring the current 4th place person (Samuels owner) if they both finish 7-7. Apparently, Yahoo tiebreaker is "points for" and this person will certainly get RB points from her TE position if she elects to start him over Graham. A close race for the final spot might already be decided because of Samuels designation.