cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Can someone explain why Drew Brees lost points in week 15 for touchback

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Can someone explain why Drew Brees lost points in week 15 for touchback

Hello,

Can someone help me understand why the fumble by Tommylee Lewis near the goal line which turned into a touchback caused Drew Brees to lose 2 points?   I was relying on Drew to take me to the championship in our fantasy pool...I only needed him to get 9.5 points.  Even in his worst weeks, that would not have been a problem.  I know that it does not make a difference now but I am just curious.

Can someone please explain just to satisfy my curiosity...

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Can someone explain why Drew Brees lost points in week 15 for touchback

@ajohanns

He was initially given 2 points for throwing the pass on the 2 point conversion attempt. That was wrong of course.

Yahoo removed those 2 points later in the evening.
'Hoo Helper

You're sure it was on that play?  I see 203 passing, 1 INT and -2 rushing.

Sports Pro All-star

@ajohanns

Just to be clear, Brees was not charged with an INT on the 2 point conversion.
Highlighted
'Hoo Helper

@Akolwzan wrote:

Yahoo corrected that today and took away one of his interceptions. I would like to know why they are not counting the second interception. That screwed some folks in our league. Yahoo sucks

@Akolwzan  Interceptions are not awarded on 2-point conversion attempts.  The NFL scores it as a failed conversion.   It was initially added by Yahoo by mistake but later that night.  The NFL scored it as the following:

(12:18) A.Kamara right tackle for 16 yards, TOUCHDOWN. TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. D.Brees pass to M.Thomas is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS. DEFENSIVE TWO-POINT ATTEMPT. D.Jackson intercepted the try attempt. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS.

8 REPLIES
Sports Pro All-star

@ajohanns

He was initially given 2 points for throwing the pass on the 2 point conversion attempt. That was wrong of course.

Yahoo removed those 2 points later in the evening.
'Hoo Recruit

Thank you.  New to this fantasy thing and that game and those points would of taken me to the championship in our pool.  Appreciate your explanation.  Makes sense.

'Hoo Helper

You're sure it was on that play?  I see 203 passing, 1 INT and -2 rushing.

'Hoo Recruit

He threw 2 interceptions that game.  One bounced off his receivers helmet and was intercepted by Carolina and one during the 2 point conversion.  Tough luck on my part.  I was pretty confident that I would sail through to the finals only needing 9.5 points with Brees but it is not the first time I have been surprised or disappointed by this game.  Had a great time playing and it made the season much more exciting.    

Sports Pro All-star

@ajohanns

Just to be clear, Brees was not charged with an INT on the 2 point conversion.
'Hoo Recruit

Learning something new, all the time.

Thanks.

New 'Hoo

Yahoo corrected that today and took away one of his interceptions. I would like to know why they are not counting the second interception. That screwed some folks in our league. Yahoo sucks

Highlighted
'Hoo Helper

@Akolwzan wrote:

@Akolwzan  Interceptions are not awarded on 2-point conversion attempts.  The NFL scores it as a failed conversion.   It was initially added by Yahoo by mistake but later that night.  The NFL scored it as the following:

(12:18) A.Kamara right tackle for 16 yards, TOUCHDOWN. TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. D.Brees pass to M.Thomas is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS. DEFENSIVE TWO-POINT ATTEMPT. D.Jackson intercepted the try attempt. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS.