cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Sports Community Contest 6 (Nov 21, 2017 - Dec 12, 2017)

Can Someone Who Works For Yahoo Fantasy Football Fix This Please?

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Can Someone Who Works For Yahoo Fantasy Football Fix This Please?

If anyone can help from Yahoo Sports please do. In the Fourth Quarter of the Monday Night game with about 2:40 left in the game, Colts QB Jacoby Brissett faked a handoff and rolled out on 4th and 1 to get a first down himself. Though he fell short, the spotting of the ball from the referees was placed closer than the previous line of scrimmage. That being said, my opponent had Tennessee’s Defense in his lineup for the night. To my understanding, the play has been ruled a sack, but if he had surpassed the original line of scrimmage it should not be ruled a sack. This earned my opponent 1 point. I lost by .1 of a point. I understand this is very ticky tacky but it cost me a win, and if it could be corrected it would be tremendously appreciated. Thank you for your time.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-Star

Re: Can Someone Who Works For Yahoo Fantasy Football Fix This Please?

@leeuhm

The NFL has no sacks recorded for the game for TENN.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/57325/TEN_Gamebook.pdf

Page 6.

The play in question was determined to be a running play by the official scorer.  No sack would have been awarded even if Brissett had lost yardage.

Sports Pro All-Star

@leeuhm

You would need to contact the NFL.  They made the change to the scoring for the play.

15 REPLIES
'Hoo Recruit

Might I add that it was NOT ruled a sack on the ESPN app.
New 'Hoo

Same thing happened to me. I lost by .60 On espn, cbs and even yahoo sports it shows tennessee had 0 sacks. This needs to be corrected. Thanks
'Hoo Recruit

That’s crazy because for me on ESPN it shows 0 sacks. On yahoo sports app, it shows 0 sacks in the box score. But on the yahoo FANTASY app it shows 1 sack. But I mean the officials measured the play, and when they did they marked the ball close than the original line of scrimmage so there’s no possible way it could be ruled a sack. Best of luck to you brother.
Sports Pro All-Star

@leeuhm

The NFL has no sacks recorded for the game for TENN.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/57325/TEN_Gamebook.pdf

Page 6.

The play in question was determined to be a running play by the official scorer.  No sack would have been awarded even if Brissett had lost yardage.

Contributin' 'Hoo

Steve, I believe he's asking why Yahoo scored it as a sack. How the NFL scored it is obviously correct. 

Sports Pro All-Star

@tbrw4433

Bottomline, however the NFL ends up scoring the play, is how Yahoo! will score the play.

Contributin' 'Hoo

Not always, Steve, that's why we see so many scoring issues here. Yahoo is not always in synch with the NFL.

'Hoo Recruit

Yes thank you everyone, I ended up winning my match!!
Sports Pro All-Star

@tbrw4433

Yes.

Always.