cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Bizarre late-week scoring recalculations from the previous week

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Bizarre late-week scoring recalculations from the previous week

Has anyone noticed any major quirks in the computer system's scoring recalculations this season? I've been using the yahoo ff system for nine years, and it's not abnormal to wake up on a Tuesday morning after the Monday night game, and see that a game's score was recalculated (maybe a RB or WR wasn't credited for a first down that weekend, for example).  Sometimes you thought you had won your game that Monday night, and you end up losing (or vice versa); it annoys you (or makes you happy), but the system has errors; that's just the way it is.  This year, though, I've noticed some bizarre things happen.  On two occasions during this season (one involving me which I will describe shortly), the correct "result" of a game's score changed not only by the Tuesday morning after the Monday night game, but also by the Thursday morning as well. Here's my league's current scenario: I'm the commish of a high-stakes 10-team league.  Prior to last weekend, I was in third place, tied with a friend of mine in games, but he was in second place because of PF. He beat me last weekend 131-130 (I'm leaving out the decimals) to pull out into second place by one full game ahead of me. This morning, I checked for injuries for this week's schedule, and guess what? I had somehow won last weekend's game 132-131 against my friend, and was now in second by myself by a full game! The scoring system had again changed late this week, and my friend was really ticked off.  Now I face a delicate situation as commish: there is no way I could have changed things manually (or so I thought), but I have a friend who is all of a sudden very suspicious of things.  So my questions are as follows: has anyone noticed quirky Wednesday night scoring changes (because I never have experienced this issue in eight prior years), and can a commish somehow manually change scores after the fact (because I want to avoid any such implications)? Please respond, and if you are or have been the commish and this occurred, how have you dealt with a player's suspicions that somehow he/she got shafted?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rookie All-star

Re: Bizarre late-week scoring recalculations from the previous week

@adriette

There was an unusual glitch last week in scoring that lasted a day or 2.  If you scroll down through questions, you'll see a ton of them about it.  AFAIK, it's been fixed, meaning you were the legit winner of that game.

I'd be **bleep** if a league member thought I did something shady, though.  Refer them to the questions in here about this.   At the very bottom of page 2, you'll see a topic about scoring not adding up with 479 replies.    (It might be at top of page 3 by the time you see this). 

Sports Pro All-star

@adriette

On Wednesday nights Yahoo processes the last stat corrections for the week that come from the NFL. The numbers are final Thursday morning.

This happens every week and has been happening for many years.
Sports Pro All-star

@adriette

Further more.....

The commish can change the scores of any completed match up at any time during the season.

Commish tools, manage other teams, edit team points.

Any changes the commish makes show up on the league page under commish updates.
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Rookie All-star

@adriette

There was an unusual glitch last week in scoring that lasted a day or 2.  If you scroll down through questions, you'll see a ton of them about it.  AFAIK, it's been fixed, meaning you were the legit winner of that game.

I'd be **bleep** if a league member thought I did something shady, though.  Refer them to the questions in here about this.   At the very bottom of page 2, you'll see a topic about scoring not adding up with 479 replies.    (It might be at top of page 3 by the time you see this). 

Sports Pro All-star

@adriette

On Wednesday nights Yahoo processes the last stat corrections for the week that come from the NFL. The numbers are final Thursday morning.

This happens every week and has been happening for many years.
Sports Pro All-star

@adriette

Further more.....

The commish can change the scores of any completed match up at any time during the season.

Commish tools, manage other teams, edit team points.

Any changes the commish makes show up on the league page under commish updates.
'Hoo Recruit

Thanks for your help.  I'll check out the comments like you said, and I'll direct my friend to the list if he wants answers.  I can understand his perspective, for sure.  But I think you and I are on the same page, though: you never want to lose a friend over something like this.

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks, Steve.  I guess I never knew about the Wednesday data deadline because it never affected me until this year. I really appreciate your feedback.