cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Sports Community Contest 6 (Nov 21, 2017 - Dec 12, 2017)

fantasy basketball stat corrections

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

fantasy basketball stat corrections

Can somebody please explain how and when stat corrections are applied? My league that I run for fantasy basketball enters the playoffs in yahoo week 20 ( week 21 of the actual NBA cause yahoo lumps two weeks together during all-star week) and during week 19 a heated matchup was taking place between the number 2 and number 8 seed. They ended up tying in assists which gave him a slightly better win% than myself and he stayed at #2 and got a first round bye. I just looked today at the stat corrections page that were just posted for that week and on March 10 and 11th he had a -1 in assists. If those assists were subtracted he would of landed in the #3 spot and I would have received a first round bye. It obviously wasnt retroactive because I just got beat in the first round of the playoffs and he received a bye. Somebody please help me clear up this problem. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-Star

Re: fantasy basketball stat corrections

@surrrrrrre

All stat corrections received by Sunday night, Midnight Pacific time, are processed Sunday night and the results you see Monday AM are final in H2H leagues.

If a stat correction comes in after the deadline, it is not applied retroactively in H2H leagues but is in roto and points leagues since their deadlines are end of season and not end of week.

Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi @hoopguy

It sounds like this was just an overnight update, but you can see stat corrections under the matchup page.

However, just because there was a change in scoring doesn't necessarily mean there was a stat correction. There are overnight updates that aren't official stat corrections. If they're not corrected by 8:00 AM PT the morning after the game, THEN there may be a pending stat correction.

If you see a helpful post, give that member a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.
7 REPLIES
Sports Pro All-Star

@surrrrrrre

All stat corrections received by Sunday night, Midnight Pacific time, are processed Sunday night and the results you see Monday AM are final in H2H leagues.

If a stat correction comes in after the deadline, it is not applied retroactively in H2H leagues but is in roto and points leagues since their deadlines are end of season and not end of week.

New 'Hoo

Thanks for this clarification. The problem is why during a playoff week or the last week before playoffs did Yahoo get lazy in reporting stat corrections? And this week they reported the majority of the stack corrections this morning and last week it took them until the following Friday to report all the corrections . Cmon yahoo
Sports Pro All-Star

@surrrrrrre

Don't blame Yahoo!, blame the NBA.  That is the source of all the stats, technically, Elias Sports Bureau is the source.

New 'Hoo

Steve,

I play in a H2H league that ended play on April 2. That night, I appeared to have secured a 5-4 win, which included winning the rebound category by 1 rebound. But overnight a stat correction added a rebound to my opponent's total, making the score 4-4 and giving him the win.

The stat correction page for my league shows corrections only through March 28. Any idea why there were no corrections from March 29 - April 2? It seems like there are numerous corrections every day, so a 5-day period with no corrections doesn't make sense.

Thanks!

Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi @hoopguy

It sounds like this was just an overnight update, but you can see stat corrections under the matchup page.

However, just because there was a change in scoring doesn't necessarily mean there was a stat correction. There are overnight updates that aren't official stat corrections. If they're not corrected by 8:00 AM PT the morning after the game, THEN there may be a pending stat correction.

New 'Hoo

So my league ended this past week, I was in the final, and a Devin Booker TO in the closing minutes resulted in a 5-5 tie and my opponent held the tie-breaker so he won the title. Fastforward to this morning when I check stat corrections which show that I had a turnover removed and he had turnover added, so I technically finished with 1 less TO than him and won 6-4. Yahoo says on their page that these stat corrections were reported too late to be used for my league, but considering it's the last week, shouldn't they be applied? Especially since they directly would change the outcome.

Any thoughts? or am I screwed

Administratin' 'Hoo

Any corrections for last week's matchup would have needed to be applied Monday. Unfortunately, no alterations can be made.