cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Week 25 & 26 player eligibility fantasy basketball

SOLVED
Highlighted
Sgr
'Hoo Recruit

Week 25 & 26 player eligibility fantasy basketball

I am in the championship of my standard fantasy basketball league— the championship is weeks 25 and 26. Since the start of week 25 I have added a few players that I want to start for week 26 (3 days). Yahoo let me add these players, and even lets me plug them into my lineup on the “my team”. But when I look at my matchup, these players don’t show up. For example, I picked up marshon brooks and plugged him into my SG slot for week 26. On ‘My team’ for April 9th, Monday, he appears in the shooting guard slot. But when I look at Monday- Wednesday on the matchup page, the shooting guard slot is empty— only the players I rostered before the beginning of the matchup show up. Will this change once next week starts? Or am I only allowed to play players in week 26 that I owned at the beginning of the matchup? If so, it was very misleading that I could add these players and plug them into my roster for April 9 on the “my team” page. Please advise, thank you so much!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Week 25 & 26 player eligibility fantasy basketball

@Sgr

I don't play weekly leagues, so I may be wrong in this case. 

Obviously, what I would do is roster him for Monday.  

If I was right in my original answer, he won't be able to play, but there was no harm done trying to play him.  If I was wrong, you get a bonus.

6 REPLIES
Sports Pro All-star

@Sgr

Go to your Match Up page.  The dates for the match up are listed across the screen above the 2 rosters.  

I'm also assuming you are a weekly league.

You will be able to change your roster for Monday, but any players you wanted to use would have needed to be on your roster by midnight Pacific time last week.

Sgr
'Hoo Recruit

Hi Steve— thank you. And yes, a weekly league. I guess it makes sense that I can’t play Brooks because I added him this Wednesday. However, he appears on my roster on the ‘my team’ page for Monday, April 9 (beginning of week 26). Yahoo allows me to switch him and other players I picked up during week 25 into my lineup for April 9 (start of week 26). This is critically misleading, as it nowhere says what you just told me— that I can only play players rostered before midnight on Monday the 2nd. I dropped 3 players for brooks Napier etc, that I can no longer choose from for April 9, and now it turns out that I also can’t use the players I picked up. If nothing else, this should be clarified and it shouldn’t be possible for me to switch in these ghost players into my lineup for April 9 if their stats wouldn’t even count at all.
Sgr
'Hoo Recruit

@steve (sorry, new to this so forgot to tag on my previous reply). I hope I’m making sense— I wish I could send a screenshot of my ‘my team’ lineup page for April 9. On this page, my roster is full with the 3 players I picked up since the midnight before week 25 began. It allows me to move these players (brooks and others) into the lineup for April 9-11. But then when I go to my matchup, these slots are empty, which seems, per your comment, to be due to the fact that these new pickups are ineligible for the matchup since they weren’t rostered before the matchup began. My point is that if this is true, I should still have access to the players I dropped during the matchup, or, at the very least, it should be clear that these players aren’t eligible for April 9 when I am setting my April 9 lineup— you know?
Sports Pro All-star

@Sgr

I can tell you this won't change because many managers in legacy leagues are adding players this year so they will be on the final roster, meaning they can be used as keepers next season.

Even in daily leagues, the last day of the season, you can add players even though there are no games after today.

Try one thing for me.  Don't look at your match up page for Monday, go to the My Team page and change the roster date to Monday.  See if you can roster the players you picked up there.

Sgr
'Hoo Recruit

@Steve. Thanks for the help. On the My Team page, with the roster date Monday the 9th, all of the new players are avaialble. MarShon Brooks, for example, who I picked up during the matchup, is plugged into my SG slot for Monday the 9th on the My Team page. I would love to play him on that date because he has been very hot! However, it seems based on your previous comment that he is not technically eligible because I picked him up after the matchup began. This is confusing because he shows up, right there in my SG slot on My Team page for April 9th.
Sports Pro All-star

@Sgr

I don't play weekly leagues, so I may be wrong in this case. 

Obviously, what I would do is roster him for Monday.  

If I was right in my original answer, he won't be able to play, but there was no harm done trying to play him.  If I was wrong, you get a bonus.