cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Start Active player Feature doesnt start all players

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

Start Active player Feature doesnt start all players

There is a bug/issue on the Start Active player Feature. The objective of this feature should active as much players possible. However that's not the case.

1. The feature cannot detect a player with mutiple positions(e.g a player who is a Forwrad n Center) and put into the best spot in order to start the MAX players possible.

2. Which player should put in: Main vs Util...Eg. On 7 Jan 2019 Auto Start put my Centers in Util and bench one of my guard...when all my guards are full BUT Center position is still available....

The above problem has resulted in benching my player in certain scenario even thoguh the slot is available.

Please take a look and kindly correct the logic behind this feature. I hope Yahoo can also activate the player back to my leauge on Jan 7 2019 due to incorrect logic set.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Start Active player Feature doesnt start all players

@MavDFabvla

The answers to 1 and 3 are the same. Start Active Players does no player comparisons it just makes sure each scoring slot is filled.

If your top C is on your BN and your 2 C slots are filled and both UTIL slots are filled the game will not sub your top C into your starting lineup.

For 2, your rosters are set each time you click the button. If a player moves to IL after the initial roster is set , the manager needs to click the button again to adjust future rosters. The game will not change a future roster on its own.

Also note that any time a player is added to a roster all future rosters must be reset.
7 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Mentos1015,

We are currently having this investigated for the app. Once we have an update we will be sure to post here in Community. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

Thanks. Looking forward to your reply.

'Hoo Recruit

I am having the same report from my fantasy league, players are reporting that the app does things like:

1. Leaving players on bench when they have better proyection than players on scoring positions

2. Not recognizing "injured" players on scoring positions and leaving on bench a healthy player with scoring projection

3. Not recognizing a player in a "flex/util" position that has a better projection than a player on a "specialized" position > for example a PG player has 25 points projected while a player marked as PG/SG is on a flex position with 35 points projected, also a player  on a "util" position has less points projected than players on bench.

I am attaching an image that shows most of the examples above. I must say that managers are quite angry/dissapointed with the league (we had been playing NFL on Yahoo for 10 year without any of these issues and is a far more complex roster).

Finally, the app, at least in one report does not show any option to view "projected points" for a day, this is quite an issue, because in such case is not possible to use the app to review your roster and make sure that the best players are active for the day (in scoring positions not benched), manager have to us a pc to browse the site and then see projections and take roster decisions (even for free agency, trades, etc). Most manager rely on their phones since they are playing from work or busy schedules, as I said before this is not an issue with the NFL league which is by far more complex (22 NFL roster positions, 4 flex on Off, 3 on Def. vs 10 NBA roster positions, where most players are multiposition and there are 2 flex/3 util positions)

In the meantime, we are moving from the current format, next Monday I will change the rosters to only 5 scoring positions (PG, SG, SF, PF, C) and from there we are going to evaluate if NBA Yahoo Fantasy is worth the time or not. 

Any feedback, help with these issues will be appreciated.

Thanks.

*Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*

'Hoo Recruit

Trying to insert image url using yahoo mail, since as per Community Guidelines "url outside yahoo are not allowed" but there is no other option here to upload an image or the url of the image from outside yahoo...

Trying to insert image URL From Yahoo Mail , how this works?

Sports Pro All-star

@MavDFabvla

The answers to 1 and 3 are the same. Start Active Players does no player comparisons it just makes sure each scoring slot is filled.

If your top C is on your BN and your 2 C slots are filled and both UTIL slots are filled the game will not sub your top C into your starting lineup.

For 2, your rosters are set each time you click the button. If a player moves to IL after the initial roster is set , the manager needs to click the button again to adjust future rosters. The game will not change a future roster on its own.

Also note that any time a player is added to a roster all future rosters must be reset.
'Hoo Recruit

Steve,

Thanks for your kindly reply, however this does not exactly "solved" the issue, this is why:

I understand this is the "effect" of click the button, however even so we are are seeing cases where roster spots are not filled even if there are empty slots in the scoring positions. For example for today there was a team with 2 scoring players in the line up but 4 other players on bench that had a game and are not injured, the Set Active Players was used on the app and no changes were made to the roster at any time. Therefore, in some cases the app is no even filling the active players position even if there are empty scoring slots and active available players on bench.

Not making comparisons is really disappointing, many other fantasy  sports with less roster complexity set up the team with the best players available, but considering my comment above, where the button even fails to recognize empty scoring slots and fill them with active players on bench we can keep the "comparisons issue" for another conversation.

That´s completely understandable and we wouldn´t expect anything else, but each manager that has issues with the app had exactly the same roster they got on the draft.

1 We start our league on Saturday, and we set up auto draft the same day. 

2. By Sunday we all got our rosters, some did use "Set active players" that day, and again on Monday.

3. Only two managers, one myself as (Commisioner) dropped players from roster and added new ones. I did not have empty slots, I do not use the app since it lacks many commisioner features, so I was not informed that it has issues until later during the week.

4. Managers that did not drop/add/trade or made any single change on the players in ther roster are the ones reporting the problem.

5. All managers, did use "Set Active Players" on Tuesday and again everyone use it on Wednesday,  even myself,  I installed the app and use it Wednesday, yet we still got teams with empty spots for Thrusday even with active players on bench. I had to send individual message to each manager explaining how to correct their roster for the remaining days of the week, I used the website not the app for that, due to the lack of another feature: Player projections.

If the sole purpose of "Set Active Players" is just to fill up the slots with active players, no comparison between them, then the app is not doing the job. We experience empty slots on scoring positions even when the "Set Active Players" was used for that day and no changes were made to the roster after clicking it. Therefore the issue is not solved.

(I will research about the compare player/show player projections in another threads, since they are no related to this one)

I really appreciate your feedback and we just hope things get better so we can all enjoy this NBA fantasy as much as we do enjoy the NFL one..

Many thanks for your feedback Steve

'Hoo Recruit

@Jim_Jam

As a mentioned in the post reply to @Steve (sorry I just learned to tag, I should tag you both in my previous answer)

If the sole purpose of "Set Active Players" is just to fill up the slots with active players, no comparison between them, then the app is not doing the job. We experience empty slots on scoring positions even when the "Set Active Players" was used for that day and no changes were made to the roster after clicking it. Therefore the issue is not solved.

Thanks