cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Sign up to give us feedback through surveys and/or product test sessions to improve the brands you love!

Paid League With An Abandoned Commissioner, NEED HELP/ADVICE, Plz!!! (ID# 46502)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

Paid League With An Abandoned Commissioner, NEED HELP/ADVICE, Plz!!! (ID# 46502)

@Lithium-Admin &/or @li-admin-api;

My name is Steve Tetreault & I'm in an NBA keeper style league called Mamba Mentally 2K19 (ID# 46502).  This is a $15 custom cash league, (Contest ID# 9f6c301f).  Our Commissioner, team name, Evolution made a few major mistakes & has now abandoned the league, which, in turn, has caused most of the other managers to become inactive!  He hasn't made any changes to his roster since a few days after the league started & I believe he left because he was heavily criticized on the message board for changing some settings, post-draft! 

His profile says he's been a member since 2012, but maybe he's never commissioned a league before.  All I know is in paid leagues, you shouldn't be changing anything post-entry fee, without a vote from the other players or it doesn't usually end well!  I've never been in this situation in a paid league before, but I'm hoping there's something you'll be able to do about it.  I commissioned a custom unpaid keeper style league for the 1st time this year & it's thriving!

I don't know if you'd be able to transfer the role of Commissioner to me, but it's still early enough in the season to get everyone involved again.  This would be great for both Yahoo! Sports & me as I'll get to actually have the opportunity to win my money back & you guys won't have to provide the entire league with refunds.  If this is not possible, of course, I understand, but who would I need to contact about getting a refund?  Honestly, I don't care so much about the money, I'm just so sick of people that treat the game like this!

As Commissioner, you have a responsibility to make sure people know what kind of league they're joining.  One of the managers was even saying on the message board that he didn't sign up for this type of league.  Then, the few attempts I made at making trades, people were talking a bunch of smack about "weak a$$ trades" because I included draft picks in the trade.  I was accused of cheating cause my buddy, Joe, who's also in my keeper league did a trade with me a day or 2 after the draft, which is what sparked all of this.

Regards,

Steven Tetreault

Team: Boston Rockets

Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: Paid League With An Abandoned Commissioner, NEED HELP/ADVICE, Plz!!! (ID# 46502)

@steve_tetreault

The commish role can be transferred by the commish.

Yahoo will not transfer the role without the permission of the commish. 

Sports Pro All-star

Re: Paid League With An Abandoned Commissioner, NEED HELP/ADVICE, Plz!!! (ID# 46502)

@steve_tetreault

Assuming you are in a Yahoo private cash league, you'll need to let the season play out and you either finish in a paying position or you don't.

Yahoo will not intervene in a private league.

4 REPLIES
Sports Pro All-star

@steve_tetreault

The commish role can be transferred by the commish.

Yahoo will not transfer the role without the permission of the commish. 

Established 'Hoo

@Steve, than do you know if I'd be able to get a refund for my $15?  As I mentioned before, the commish has completely bailed on the league, so getting him to transfer role of commish is rather challenging.  I shouldn't be forced to pay to be on a boat that has no captain, should I?

Sports Pro All-star

@steve_tetreault

Assuming you are in a Yahoo private cash league, you'll need to let the season play out and you either finish in a paying position or you don't.

Yahoo will not intervene in a private league.

Established 'Hoo

Thanks, @Steve