Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Scoring error

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Scoring error

Please fix Felipe Lopez's stats from 9/22. You have him giving up 2 earned runs, but, the second run was clearly unearned as it was scored on an error. This is impacting a very close ERA race in our league. 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Reliable 'Hoo

Re: Scoring error

Felipe Lopez has not pitched since the 2011 season.

Sports All-star

I assume you mean Felipe Rivero.  That second ER was rightfully charged despite Mercer's error.  The scorer decided (correctly in my opinion) that Grichuk would have scored on that ground ball even if he came home with the throw.  For scoring purposes, you can never assume a double play so if Mercer throws home, the scorer figured he would have scored.  If he went to second and got one out, the fielder's choice would have scored the run (and it would have been earned also).  The only way Rivero gets out of that play without giving up the second ER is if the Bucks turn two... sorry for your matchup but both ER are correctly attributed.

Sports Pro All-Star

@melott

Hamilton was caught stealing 2nd and was picked off at first during the game on Sunday, 9/24.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/red-sox-vs-reds/2017/09/24/492419#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game...

7 REPLIES
Reliable 'Hoo

Felipe Lopez has not pitched since the 2011 season.

Sports All-star

I assume you mean Felipe Rivero.  That second ER was rightfully charged despite Mercer's error.  The scorer decided (correctly in my opinion) that Grichuk would have scored on that ground ball even if he came home with the throw.  For scoring purposes, you can never assume a double play so if Mercer throws home, the scorer figured he would have scored.  If he went to second and got one out, the fielder's choice would have scored the run (and it would have been earned also).  The only way Rivero gets out of that play without giving up the second ER is if the Bucks turn two... sorry for your matchup but both ER are correctly attributed.

'Hoo Recruit

Thank you for the comprehensive answer. And sorry for the brain freeze on his name.

New 'Hoo

Billy Hamilton stole a base yesterday 9/24 but none registered on my team stats nor in the standings.  Anyone else notice this mistake?

Sports Pro All-Star

@melott

Hamilton was caught stealing 2nd and was picked off at first during the game on Sunday, 9/24.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/red-sox-vs-reds/2017/09/24/492419#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game...

Reliable 'Hoo

@melott

The play that you are thinking of is the one where he was caught in the run down between first and second and scored when the pitcher missed the return throw and he scored when there was no one at the plate.

That isn't a stolen base.

New 'Hoo

Thank, guys.  Both Yahoo (in "news" for Hamilton that day) and ESPN box scores had said he had a stolen bass -- guess they both had it wrong!