cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Ohtani Roster Plans for 2019?

New 'Hoo

Ohtani Roster Plans for 2019?

Saw quite a bit of discusson (disagreement) about how Ohtani would be rostered this year. Some argued that he should be "one" player, others agreed with Yahoo!'s decision to make the batter and pitcher two different players. 

Wondering about next year, with Ohtani undergoing Tommy John surgery today, he won't be pitching next year, but he will be batting. Does this mean that only the Ohtani batter will be available in the Yahoo! settings? 

We have a keeper league and the owner of Ohtani is trying to figure out how eligibility will work next year. 

Thanks! 

C

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Ohtani Roster Plans for 2019?

Hi,

There are currently no plans for changes to Ohtani on rosters at this time. However, I'd recommend posting on our feedback board, so our Fantasy Sports product group can review for the next season. This doesn't mean no changes will be made in the future, though.

Thanks!

If you see a helpful post, give that member a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please Accept as Solution!
Check out the Known issues and updates boards for the latest details.
Sports Pro All-star

@Ceegale

I would suggest that after TJ surgery, he will not be batting.

Rookie All-star

It will be the exact same as this year. Unfortunately, if you are the owner of pitcher Ohtani, you will need to have him on your active roster all year if you desire to keep him for when he returns to pitching. I probably wouldn't recommend bothering with holding pitching version in most leagues.