cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Fantasy baseball opening- 2019

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Helper

Fantasy baseball opening- 2019

I know this comes up about this time every year...and it seems that there are posters claiming to be "insiders" with knowledge not available to the rest of us. In the past, opening for yahoo fantasy baseball is usually right after the Super Bowl (early February). Last season it was delayed considerably, I think because of the Ohtani situation. Anyone with knowledge out there able to share the anticipated opening date? Thank you!
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Fantasy baseball opening- 2019

We haven't announced the opening date but when that is released we'll be sharing it on Twitter @YahooFantasyCC and @YahooFantasy. The game is currently slated to open at it's normal time as there are no delays that engineering has mentioned. 

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
Administratin' 'Hoo

@BillBoerst - It's certainly possible they've taken that into account. There just hasn't been any official notice about the date. We generally don't publish dates as that sets us up to potentially miss that deadline if something goes awry. 

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
Sports Pro All-star

@BillBoerst

Last season the game opened on Feb. 15th, but I believe the Ohtani thing had something to do with that.

Registration and draft dates

Team and league registration is open from February 15, 2018 until July 8, 2018.

• First day for live drafts - February 19, 2018
  • Last day for live drafts - June 24, 2018
  • Last day for all other drafts - June 24, 2018

In the past, there have been early games.  Sometimes the games were included in week 1 scoring, other times they were not.

We will just have to wait until the game opens this year to see if the early games are included in week 1 or excluded from week 1.

20 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

We haven't announced the opening date but when that is released we'll be sharing it on Twitter @YahooFantasyCC and @YahooFantasy. The game is currently slated to open at it's normal time as there are no delays that engineering has mentioned. 

'Hoo Helper

Thank you for the reply. I was thinking that since we will have games extremely early (japan- mid march) that yahoo might open even a bit earlier this year.
Administratin' 'Hoo

@BillBoerst - It's certainly possible they've taken that into account. There just hasn't been any official notice about the date. We generally don't publish dates as that sets us up to potentially miss that deadline if something goes awry. 

Contributin' 'Hoo

Over the last few years we've seen them open the last Thursday of January a couple time. right after the Super Bowl, and last year Feb 15th, With the early start to the season in Japan it would be great if they could shoot for as early a date as possible.

Established 'Hoo

I'm hoping for an earlier start this year as well. The Japan series coupled with the earlier start in general will hopefully prompt a late January start date-at the latest.

I'm growing bored with my hockey and basketball teams, I need a baseball team to tinker with. 

Pro 'Hoo

I've been playing for about 4 years, and its always opened on a thursday. Either right before or right after. If I had to guess, it would open around January 31st

'Hoo Helper

That was really the reason I asked the question in the first place. We are going to have games that count beginning on march 20! That's compared to some opening days past that have fallen into April. I was thinking (and hoping) for an opening of fantasy baseball even before the Super Bowl, as many leagues will certainly be drafting earlier this year.
Sports Pro All-star

@BillBoerst

Last season the game opened on Feb. 15th, but I believe the Ohtani thing had something to do with that.

Registration and draft dates

Team and league registration is open from February 15, 2018 until July 8, 2018.

• First day for live drafts - February 19, 2018
  • Last day for live drafts - June 24, 2018
  • Last day for all other drafts - June 24, 2018

In the past, there have been early games.  Sometimes the games were included in week 1 scoring, other times they were not.

We will just have to wait until the game opens this year to see if the early games are included in week 1 or excluded from week 1.

Contributin' 'Hoo

Guy Lake, who leads product for Yahoo Fantasy, says on twitter that target open date is January 31