cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
We have planned maintenance Sep 28, Midnight to 4 am PT. We don't anticipate any downtime.

Sign up to give us feedback through surveys and/or product test sessions to improve the brands you love!

ALL STAR WEEK QUESTION

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Helper

ALL STAR WEEK QUESTION

well, I ask every year.   ALL STAR WEEK  PRIVATE LEAGUE.

weekly league...usually lineup deadline is Weekly Monday.but last year after long talk out here, it turned out that Yahoo allowed   Roster Moves during the week, and also allowed linup up moves during the week up to the fist game of the week.  (and it counted a 1/2 week and a full week as week 16)

Steve and I chatted a long time last year to figure this out for the weekly league.  

Does Yahoo publish a specific weekly instructions on All Star Week that explains that is will work as I have just outlined?

I am assuming it will work the same this year.  any advice?

ty

Martin

Tags (1)
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-star

Re: ALL STAR WEEK QUESTION

@dmbbmartin

Actually, we had 2 conversations on this topic.  

The last one was in March of this year regarding roster changes for week 1 of the regular season, which in the end were allowed up to the start of the first game week which was a Thursday.

The older conversation we had in July of last year was about the All Star week break and the schedule for weekly leagues.  The deadlines for weekly leagues did not change last year for All Star week and will not change this year.

Pro 'Hoo Helper

@dmbbmartin

I am assuming that you posted this question before the note on the league page?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@dmbbmartin There was a league note posted but only viewable on the site, not the app. Week 16 will be a two week scoring week which will be from July 16th to July 29th. Roster deadlines, innings-pitched minimums, and weekly transaction limits will remain the same.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
Sports Pro All-star

This is a simple response.

In MARCH we discussed roster changes for the first game week of the 2018 season.

In JULY of 2017, we discussed all star week scoring.

My response in JULY of last year was correct and my response for all star week THIS year is correct.

The responses in MARCH ended up incorrect because Yahoo decided to leave roster moves open last the weekly deadline because this season had the unusual first game day being Thursday instead of the traditional Sunday or Monday.

I am to the point of not being able to clarify this response unless I use crayons.

When I get home on Wednesday, I'll send you the links to both threads or you can find them yourself in your posting history.

March of 2018 and July of 2017 are the dates of the threads you are looking for.
9 REPLIES
Sports Pro All-star

@dmbbmartin

Actually, we had 2 conversations on this topic.  

The last one was in March of this year regarding roster changes for week 1 of the regular season, which in the end were allowed up to the start of the first game week which was a Thursday.

The older conversation we had in July of last year was about the All Star week break and the schedule for weekly leagues.  The deadlines for weekly leagues did not change last year for All Star week and will not change this year.

Pro 'Hoo Helper

@dmbbmartin

I am assuming that you posted this question before the note on the league page?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@dmbbmartin There was a league note posted but only viewable on the site, not the app. Week 16 will be a two week scoring week which will be from July 16th to July 29th. Roster deadlines, innings-pitched minimums, and weekly transaction limits will remain the same.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
'Hoo Helper

Steve....ty.  

Last  year during the all star week, I was hesitant to change the league to public, as I was not sure what would happen.  (you asked me to change it, and I finally did change it)

You were able to enter my leauge.(sorry for my delay and confusion)

In my weekly league,  (settings Weekly-Monday)there were Roster Transtactions, that is from the FA to their roster, which they effectuated after Monday, and I believe Tuesday.

In addition, they were able to make in lineup changes up to Thursday.  (even though, the weekly league rules say differently.) WE had a very long discussion about  this last year.

I did finally change to public, and you were able to see this.  League number 19089.

(now that I am familiar with you and the board, I will change to public if necessary, or you can just take my word for it.  But I am sure last year it ended up in my weelky league without changing anything, that the managers were able to make changes before the first real mlb game of the week.)

I will get back at the beginning of next week, and we can go over it again.

Okay, be back Monday.

Wish you well

Martin

p.s  yes we all have read the notice from Yahoo.   And it basically says that my Roster Deadlines etc. will not change  My deadline is set for Weekly-Monday.  But last year it said the same thing, and my managers made Roster transactions, and lineup changes after Monday.   So frankly, I hope it does exactly as it states, makes it easy for me as the commish.

(but makes it a mess when my managers start making Roster FA pick ups, that show up during the all star week, and make lineup changes before the all star game.)

Rather than go through a rigamarole I will come back and let you all know how it works this year in my league.  

thx again,

Martin 

Sports Pro All-star

@dmbbmartin

As stated, we had 2 separate conversations

One was in reference to week 1 scoring this season, the other was all star week scoring.

All star scoring THIS season will be exactly like all star week scoring LAST season, which means the deadlines for the league will not change.
'Hoo Helper

well, Steve, that is what you said last year, and you were entirely wrong.  

Yes, Weekly Monday, and we were making changes after that deadline.

I did finally let you into the league and you did confirm it.

I don't know how to recall this history of this dialogue, but if you can, you will see that last year we did indeed make FA and lineup moves during the week.  I can only assume you are helping alot of people and either cannot recall, or just mistake the dialogue.  

So, Like I said, on Tuesday of next week, we can go through this again.  You were as insistent then as you are now, and I will just leave it hear.

be back Tuesday, willing to make the league public and see one way or another,

Fair enough?

thx

g

Sports Pro All-star

This is a simple response.

In MARCH we discussed roster changes for the first game week of the 2018 season.

In JULY of 2017, we discussed all star week scoring.

My response in JULY of last year was correct and my response for all star week THIS year is correct.

The responses in MARCH ended up incorrect because Yahoo decided to leave roster moves open last the weekly deadline because this season had the unusual first game day being Thursday instead of the traditional Sunday or Monday.

I am to the point of not being able to clarify this response unless I use crayons.

When I get home on Wednesday, I'll send you the links to both threads or you can find them yourself in your posting history.

March of 2018 and July of 2017 are the dates of the threads you are looking for.
Administratin' 'Hoo

@dmbbmartin - The 2 weeks surrounding the All-Star break are counted as 1 Game Week in Fantasy and stats are accumulated for non-All-Star games in the 14 day period. Roster deadlines, innings-pitched minimums, and weekly transaction limits aren't changed. This is from our overview article here. 

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
'Hoo Helper

steve, just coming back to apologize.

you are absolutely correct.

gonna go accept solution..

you the man!  *wink*  ty

Martin

Tags (1)