cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Yahoo Groups not loading properly

mdj
Pro 'Hoo

Yahoo Groups not loading properly

I am having nothing but problems lately every time I try and access Yahoo Groups. The page never finishes loading. I'm an administrator, but I can't access the Memberhip or Management drop-down lists because the page never finishes loading. I click on the Conversations link and nothing happens. If I weren't receiving email notifications, I would think that no one was accessing the listserve. So... others are obviously able to access it, but I have these issues 90% of the time (no exageration). I'm usually on Safari but I've also tried Firefox. Any suggestions?

25 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Yahoo groups has error loading content

I'm having trouble with a group that I'm the moderator. When I go to the group page it gives me an error "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content". I get this error right away on the About page and I have no other options available. When I go to other groups that I subscribe too they are working fine, showing conversations and the full toolbar of options. I have changed my email address that the group sends to (a non-yahoo address). I can't recall if since that change it's been broken. I do receive emails sent to the group correctly. Any thoughts? 

'Hoo Recruit

Re: Yahoo Groups not loading properly

While I'm not a list owner.  I think there is an underlying problem.

All the groups I'm subscribed to "disappeared", but I continue to receive digests.

Frustrating.

Administratin' 'Hoo

We're not currently able to replicate the issues reported on this thread, so we recommend you all try some browser troubleshooting. Here are the steps.

If that doesn't work, please list out everything you've tried and the results so we can determine where to focus our investigation.

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
Tags (1)
mdj
Pro 'Hoo

I had already visited that page and tried any relevant suggestions before creating an account here and posting my message. I'm on El Capitan 10.11.4, using Safari 9.1 Javascript is enabled, the cache has been cleared, my O/S is always kept up-to-date, and, as this occurs almost everytime I try to use Yahoo groups -- there have been reboots in between attempts. I have zero extensions installed.

Pro 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo groups has error loading content

I did some more testing and found that another computer showed the content just fine. I'm using Chrome on both computers but on the one that was failing I tried using incognito mode and it worked so it appears there may be an extension issue on Chrome that is making the content fail. For now, I can manage my site in incognito.

Tags (1)
Contributin' 'Hoo

I'm having the same issue, and have been having this for about 2 weeks, now.  I run several large lists (list owner). This is not a browser issue.  It is across several differnet web browsers (FireFox, Edge, IE, Google Chrome and Safari), as well as on my pc and my Mac laptops.  It is not my cache being full, as I am set to clear my cache every time I shut down my computer.  I do not have any ad blockers installed on any of my browsers, either.  I am running Windows 10, and use Norton Security.  It takes forever and ever to fully load a Yahoo page. The links will not function until the page fully loads, which can take up to 5 minutes, sometimes even more.  FF is the slowest browser, Edge and Safari seem to be the fastest.  It doesn't happen all the time, so it's very hard to determine a pattern, but I am getting list members complaining of the same issue, and we've talked about it on Shal's Group Manager's Forum Yahoo Group.  It seems to be nearly 100% if I click on a link in an email to launch the list site (such as approving a moderated message, or approving a membership request).  Echo, please look into this more closely to see what might be going on.  The only thing on the user's side I would suspect, would be an update to Norton Security, so if those having very slow load times for a Yahoo Groups page, what security/anti-virus software are you using, and what OS?  Trying to find some common denominator.  Very frustrating.

Reliable 'Hoo

Try getting into Yahoo from a completely different IP address -- perhaps a friend you visit in a different physical location, or who has a different ISP.

Another possibility, although it's something of a 'nuclear option', is to do a browser reset, or run one of the utilities that cleans out some of the esoteric cache or saved-login information. 

I am assuming that you do not have any security blocking programs, like NoScript or Ghostery, impeding critical Yahoo access, or that you or your ISP have blocked a Yahoo domain corresponding to the page you're trying to load.

If I remember correctly, there is some functionality that will not 'render' correctly on a phone or similar device that uses the 'mobile' site-formatting optimization.  The Yahoo customer team can advise you whether this is still a concern, if your log-in problems are on a mobile device or service.

Contributin' 'Hoo

Overmod, I've tried at different locations, and still having the same issue.  I also completely cleared my entire cache (all saved passwords, etc.), and am using a pc laptop or mac laptop.  None of those things worked for me.  Tried IE, Edge, FF, Google Chrome, and Safari.  No ad blockers or any other add-ons or plug-ins in any of my browsers. 

Reliable 'Hoo

Just to be sure: there is no problem with the physical Internet connection (or a wireless link) that might be slowing down speed or causing a large number of dropped packets.  You might want to run a couple of 'speed tests' to verify that it's the Yahoo server-side execution directly that's producing the issue.

I'm also presuming this is not a firewall configuration problem or (horrors!) a DNS-changing exploit of some kind.  The fact that the problem is consistent across different hardware and ISP providers indicates to me that it is indeed something in Yahoo's page serving, perhaps a misconfiguration of the settings options somewhere in the mystery meat controls.

When you create a dummy account with new permissions, do you still experience comparable lags and performance issues?