cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

What Is Going On With Yahoo Groups Lately ?

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

What Is Going On With Yahoo Groups Lately ?

I have been having problems uploading photos and when they do upload the photo is blank afterwards even though it has been downloaded l hit the refresh button a lot and nothing happens to be able to see the photos !!! Please look into this Yahoo there is something wrong with your system and also l get a red bar when downloading photos too and it takes 4 or 5 times before the photo gets downloaded get this fixed ASAP !!!!!!

13 REPLIES
Established 'Hoo

Re: What Is Going On With Yahoo Groups Lately ?

I am experiencing a different but similiar GROUPS Issue where we can't retreive ANY files. We can upload, post etc. but we can't access any files/retrieve them.This is horrible!!! And there is no one to contact to assist us...

Here is my issue:

~~~I am experiencing the EXACT SAME ISSUE!! We have 2 Yahoo Groups that have files in the "FILES" folder and I cannot access them as well as other members of the group. I am receiving the same 400 Bad Request that others are receiving. This started occurring last night when one of the group members contacted me re: trying to retrieve a template in one of the file folders and received this message. This morning I logged in to see if the same message appeared. I was able to retrieve docs at 7:52am EST. But now at 8:25am EST, I am receiving the same message again. I AM CONVINCED THIS IS NOT A USER ISSUE. HELP YAHOO!!!! THE LINK you all provide does NOTHING to actually fix the issue or assist us in retrieving our files. Also we have tried to clear history, cache and attempted on MULTIPLE BROWSERS!!!! SOOOO this is not a USER issue!! Particularly when we were able to retrieve files before for YEARS-- like since 2004!!!! HELP!!!!!

####Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo, try visiting the Yahoo home page or look through a list of Yahoo's online services. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.####~~~~

Established 'Hoo

I can't post photos either, nor can I see or change my top banner photo. With my group reliying on regular photo updates, I'm finding this very annoying. WHAT ON THE LORD'S EARTH IS GOING ON WITH YAHOO GROUPS?! Are there even any people still there to listen to our problems and do something about it?

Established 'Hoo

I too am have his probblem down all my yahoo group- and  some of  them are showing and tons of them are not, and then when I go  to open one , I am getting a big message sorry it can not be found ect- and as much this group drive me crazy. I need them or I’ll never be able to put my photo anywhere and I need them to start work again the right way - 

'Hoo Recruit

I am having the exact same problem with the same error message.  I too have tried it on different browsers.  What is going on? Yahoo, Please fix this!

Established 'Hoo

Luckily, by the smallest chance, I did manage to change my top banner photo today. I still couldn't post photos though.

Can't Yahoo please try to sort this all out, or at least give us some explanation?

'Hoo Recruit

Now it is middle of January and we still cannot change our Yahoo Groups banner pictures.  I have three browsers trying to change a banner picture, and all three do not work.  What gives?  Is it better just to close up shop and start over somewhere else?  Or don't you people care?

'Hoo Helper

On 12/29/2017 @Official 'Hoo Staff) posted a reply to another question in which he stated that "Yahoo Groups is no longer a supported product and hasn't been for years. long before the Yahoo/Verizon acquisition."

So basically, what is going on with Yahoo groups is that Yhaoo hasn't done a darn thing with them since 2014. So don't expect any assistance with any of the issues identified here. Yahoo has "given up" on groups. Nothing is going to be fixed. Nothng is going to be addressed. Groups os dead. Yahoo, in its usual pattern of complete disregard for its users, just never bothered to tell anyone, at least until that post. I guess they thought we were all too dumb to notice. What an honorable company would have done (and let's not pretend for a moment that Yahoo has demonstrated itself to be an honorable company in a very long time) is notify group moderators that they were no longer going to support groups and that at some predetermined date, groups would be shut down. What an honorable company that actually cared about its users would have done is recommend another site to which groups could be miograted. And what a truly outstanding company would have done is worked with that alternative site to make it a cooperative endeavor that would benefit the alternate site and show good faith by Yahoo. Yahoo did none of those things as far as I am aware. Anyone from Yahoo is free to correct me if I am mistaken.

Has Yahoo, instead of being honorable, instead of demonstrating that they care about their users, and instead of proving that they are a truly outstanding company, been deceitful? Heck yes! Have they been dishonest? Yes! Is this surprising? Unfortunately not, at least not to me.

So to answer

I have to include this only beecause I found it so ironic and downright hilarious. In the same post from Jim_Jam, these statements are made:

"At Yahoo, we've always been committed to providing you with great products and excellent customer support."

and

"Our services are not broken and are maintained and updated on a daily basis."

So, does anyone reading this actually believe either of those statements?

All I want to do is to edit the Calendar, now known as Events. And I can't find the buttons to let me do that. What the **bleep**?

'Hoo Recruit

We are in the process of migrating away from Yahoo groups ... just can't deal with the complaints and howling of list members any more.  And I am afraid that the whole thing may just collapse one day - we would like to transfer it while we can still transfer our files and archives.