cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

List Owners gone AWOL - how can member re start the group?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

List Owners gone AWOL - how can member re start the group?

H I

14 years ago, the Swanson Enthusiasts Yacht group was started. It gained some 240 members, held files, photos and so on.  THe group owner or list owners now fail to respond to any request and have been that way for at least 4 years. How can I restart the group and the shared resources that we all contributed?

Kim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Established 'Hoo

Re: List Owners gone AWOL - how can member re start the group?

Yahoo staff won't promote a regular member to moderator these days. So, without the cooperation of the owners you'll need to create a new group somewhere (I suggest groups.io or Google Groups rather than reusing Yahoo per all the posts with issues lately / uncertainty post-Oath) and then post to the group with the new group's location.  If all posts are moderated you'll have to start from scratch -- old emails from the group will likely have the posters' email addresses which you can use to direct them to your new group.

2 REPLIES
Established 'Hoo

Yahoo staff won't promote a regular member to moderator these days. So, without the cooperation of the owners you'll need to create a new group somewhere (I suggest groups.io or Google Groups rather than reusing Yahoo per all the posts with issues lately / uncertainty post-Oath) and then post to the group with the new group's location.  If all posts are moderated you'll have to start from scratch -- old emails from the group will likely have the posters' email addresses which you can use to direct them to your new group.

New 'Hoo

Ok Many thanks

K