cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Delete a group

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Delete a group

I'm trying to delete a group. Don't know how. 

Any help would be appreciated,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-Star

Re: Delete a group

Hi @Confused00

Delete a Yahoo group

Deleting your group will remove it from Yahoo Groups, unsubscribe all members, and eliminate all archives, shared files, photos, and events.

Note: Only moderators and owners can delete groups. Once a group is deleted, it cannot be restored. Be sure you really want to delete it before proceeding.

1. On your group's main page, click ManagementControl Panel.
  2. Under "About Group," click Delete Group.
  3. Enter your comments into the "Feedback" field.
  4. Click Delete Group.
If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
7 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-Star

Hi @Confused00

Delete a Yahoo group

Deleting your group will remove it from Yahoo Groups, unsubscribe all members, and eliminate all archives, shared files, photos, and events.

Note: Only moderators and owners can delete groups. Once a group is deleted, it cannot be restored. Be sure you really want to delete it before proceeding.

1. On your group's main page, click ManagementControl Panel.
  2. Under "About Group," click Delete Group.
  3. Enter your comments into the "Feedback" field.
  4. Click Delete Group.
If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
New 'Hoo

I've tried all the instructions but when I get to 'About Group', there is no option to 'Delete Group'.  Any advice would be appreciated, as I need to delete this group.

'Hoo Recruit

I have followed the instructions in help to delete a group but there is no delete button in the About Group part of the Management Control Panel.

Please advise correct instructions!

Help

Trish

New 'Hoo

No delete option for my group either.  Just trying to clean up my part of the web.  

'Hoo Recruit

When our group was deleted we did not get this message.  It said there was 15 days to restore the group.  Has it changed?  Can we get our group back?

'Hoo Recruit

WRONG WRONG WRONG

the only way I have found to even leave a group you started is to nominate another member to be the leader of the group, my groups are non active and are nothing more than spam generators as spammers join and post the same spam over and over and then that gets associated with my email address. it's actually defamatory and should be a crime and illegal for yahoo to refuse to allow group owners the right to delete non active groups they started years ago.

I suggest that anyone who reads this do as I am going to have to do and start calling or better yet walking in the corporate offices of yahoo and ask to speak to the CEO or an executive and impress on them that they are allowing your good name and email address to be continually be associated with spam and questionable products on the internet.

they have made a choice to remove the ability to delete groups, they probably made the decision to keep the number of groups they have higher than the actual number of active groups on yahoo. Some exec made a decision to change the page and remove the delete group button.

probably a decision made by executives in an illegal attempt to manipulate the stock value and get a higher sale price for the sale to verizon.

Can't keep our email and personal info safe from hackers and won't allow users to delete groups.

anyone read in the TOS where they have to right to keep your postings and groups open against your wishing for as long as they want? I must have missed that clause!!!!!

Trusted 'Hoo Helper

I agree that it has been wrong of Yahoo to fall below the most basic level of support for Yahoo Groups. They could have provided the basic level of support with less that one person's effort. The fact that they didn't shows how little they care for us. Of course, they are not legally required to care for us. Therefore, our judgement that they are acting wrongly almost certainly has no legal force.

What would that most basic level of support have been? Simply to delete groups that are Spam ridden on the request of a moderator or long term member. So, yes, by perpetuating an inadequate support product Yahoo has knowingly allowed many Groups to fall into the hands of Spammers. Is that illegal? I don't know.