cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Assign a new owner / moderator for a Yahoo group

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Assign a new owner / moderator for a Yahoo group

I  desire to designate a new owner / moderator for a Yahoo group and cannot see how that could be done from the menu choices available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trusted 'Hoo Helper

Re: Assign a new owner / moderator for a Yahoo group

Try the following link to the Yahoo groups help system:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/sln2394.html

16 REPLIES
Trusted 'Hoo Helper

Try the following link to the Yahoo groups help system:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/sln2394.html

Mail Pro All-star

@clairg,

Appoint new moderators and owners | Yahoo Help - SLN2401

Appoint new moderators and owners

Need extra help moderating your group? Owners and moderators with "Add, remove, and change moderator" privileges can promote other group members to either moderator or owner.

1. On your group's main page, click Management | Manage Members.
  2. Click the name of the member you'd like to promote.
  3. Next to "Role," select either Owner or Moderator.
  4. Click Change Settings to review and assign privileges.
  5. After completing your settings review, click Save.

Newly appointed group moderators and owners will be given moderation privileges (e.g., adding, editing, and deleting items for all users) for the sections of the group available at the time of their appointment (e.g., Files, Polls, Photos, Database, etc.).

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
New 'Hoo

if you go to the group home page, and undermanagement click manage members. then enter the yahoo id in the search bar to the right above the list of members for the member you want to make a moderator, and then click on the member`s listing. you can select moderator or owner by selecting Role: clicking the arrow beside where is says "member". then click ok, save for it to take effect. you`re done. 

'Hoo Recruit

That procedure doesn't work for me. I am an owner. When I click on a "normal" member name, the Edit Member window doesn't allow changing the role; there is no pull-down list of other roles.

'Hoo Recruit

Oops. I am not "Owner". I am "Moderator". How to make me owner since the "Owner" is no longer associated with the group?

New 'Hoo

Have same problem, current Owner/Admin has passed away. How can we get Yahoo to help change the owner / admin to someone else in the Group

New 'Hoo

I cannot assign a member the role of moderator. I am following the instructions to go to:

Management > Manage Members > Edit Member > Role... But when I get to role I cannot change the person from a member to a moderator. Nothing works--no pull downs, no ability to make the change.

I would be grateful for any help anyone can provide

New 'Hoo

I am a moderator of the yahoo group and not the owner. I am trying to add moderators but cannot change the role from member to another

Is there a bug in yahoo groups?

'Hoo Helper

Hi @JunSanJuan,

It looks like the owner hasn't given you the privilege, "Add, remove, and change moderator privileges". You can use the "List Owner" email on the About page to request that privilege. If no one can grant the privilege, nothing can be done about it.

David.