cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

All Files Missing From Yahoo Group

Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

All Files Missing From Yahoo Group

We have operated a Yahoo Group for the Connecticut Audio Socienty since 2008. Suddenly, all of our files have disappeared. Is Yahoo aware of the problem and are they fixing it? I cannot find a link to contact Customer Service and am hoping that they monitor this forum.

John

9 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Re: All Files Missing From Yahoo Group

I've had the same problem with every group I manage for at least 2 days now.

It infuriates me that Yahoo doesn't provide a proper troubleshooting page listing the condition of all its services.

It further infuriates me that there's no way to directly communicate with Yahoo “support”.

-ccs

Tags (3)
New 'Hoo

One of the 2 groups I moderate has all its files missing again as well.  This happened about 2-3 weeks ago with the same group.  It took a couple of weeks before the files returned...and now they are gone again.  The files on the other group I moderate have not disappeared.  Obviously another yahoo 'feature' gone wrong. 

'Hoo Recruit

Our 10 yo yahoo group also has no access to our files. Does anyone know where we report this to Yahoo?

'Hoo Recruit

I moderate several groups and have just noticed that all the files are missing from some (but not all) of them! Unfortunately, yahoo groups is no longer a supported service. I bet you didn't know that, did you? No, neither did I until the other day. That said, as it's a generic problem then somone should really try and resolve it. They probably won't bother: Verizon (who now own yahoo) have indicated that they intend to pull the plug on groups later this year.

Pro 'Hoo

I have the Files page missing again from 1 of my groups (but not others).

I also have the Pending Members page missing.

I tried to post about this a few minutes ago but see no result.

Why is there not a direct line to Yahoo Tech Support available to report system malfunctions?

-ccs

Tags (3)
Established 'Hoo

Same thing happened with our group. It's now June 2018 and they haven't fixed it.

In addition, the Events have not been sending out reminders for many months.

Has Yahoo abandoned all Group support? Am I going to have tomove our group to a site that works?

'Hoo Recruit

I find that all files are missing from our group today 6/13/18. Anyone from Yahoo listening?

'Hoo Recruit

Our ten years of ukulele song files are gone as well. There seems to be no customer service anywhere I look. They stopped the Calendars from functioning, now this, withoug any warning. We will go over to Google, but their file process is more complex and will confuse half of our members. Yahoo destroyed a good service. And ten years of hard work!

New 'Hoo

You might want to try Groups.io. We have a yahoo group that we've had runnings since 2002 and we just made the switch today. We tried Google but it wasn't very user friendly